Need: Server-based re-imaging application (Remotely Re-image clients from server)

Morazl

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, i've recently been doing work with an internet cafe and we need a solution for re-imaging. I have an image created with ghost but I have no software to use to distribute it and the client PC's only have CD-R/RW and the image is 4.3GB.

I tried to use Ghost recovery disk to map the network drive where I have the image but the recovery disk didn't couldn't detect my network card (I'm guessing it didn't support the specific NIC of the client PC's)

I need a software solution that will let me re-image any computer from a centralized location (server) over the network. We have about 40-50 client PC's. So far we have been doing manual installs (The entire server crashed and took all the old software with it so we're starting from scratch)

If anyone could help, we could open this business a lot sooner than expected with software that can do this!

Thanks

Ghost Corporate, which may go under another name now, has always worked amazingly for this. The trick for handling the network portion is to use something like UBCD or BartPE.

I know of the BartPE method but I don't want to have to go to each station and use a PE disc to start the re-imaging process, I want to be able to boot all clients into a PE environment from the server, and have them grab the image from the server.

Back