Need server 2012 R2 .iso that is full version and not evaluation version

killrtech99

Weaksauce
I am trying to experiment with doing an in-place upgrade of a server from going from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 but the only .iso files I can find online for Server 2012 R2 are the evaluation version and apparently the evaluation version cannot be used to do the in place upgrade. I don't get why it is essentially impossible to find the full iso online.

I am trying to experiment with doing an in-place upgrade of a server from going from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 but the only .iso files I can find online for Server 2012 R2 are the evaluation version and apparently the evaluation version cannot be used to do the in place upgrade. I don't get why it is essentially impossible to find the full iso online.
Better call Microsoft. The .iso should be either free or cost a couple of bucks to ship. The license key is the expensive part.

Yeah I figured I was going to be down to that option and yes, the license key is the spendy bit, not the stupid .iso. Just does not make any sense it is not available since it is useless without a key. I was hoping to take advantage of the three day weekend to mess around with this. So much for that idea. :/

Thanks for the reply though, I really appreciate it!

Back