Need reommendation on gigabyte or Asus Motherboard with triple m.2 SATA connector

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Happy Hopping, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Happy Hopping

Happy Hopping [H]ardness Supreme

2. Rashean700

Rashean700 Gawd

Your missing a bit in info of your looking for....I.e. Intel only? Which series are you looking for? Are you looking to raid or just use m.2 as your normal storage...

3. Happy Hopping

I only want Intel and just JBOD config. will be fine, RAID is now over rated and waste some of my GB

After that post, I FINALLY found one, it's not from Asus or Gigabyte, as I can't find one that has 3 x SATA M.2, Gigabyte has 1 that c/w 2 x SATA M.2 + 1 x PCIE M.2

but I found MSI Z270 Xpower

4. Rashean700

Rashean700 Gawd

Good choice I myself have the m7 z270 and it has 3x m.2 slots for what you looking for. No issues since I bought it on launch day. I would recommend it also. Yeah if you use 2x Samsung 960 drives you’ll max the transfer rate between them in raid if you went that route.

5. Happy Hopping

This will be the 1st time I use a MSI motherboard. I have been using Asus and gigabyte for 20+ years. What's your opinion on MSI motherboard?

On this end, the only thing that I have heard from MSI that is impressive is their mechanical keyboard laptop

6. Rashean700

Rashean700 Gawd

[​IMG]
    I am have a collection of just about all major and industrial brands. I have used Msi the least of all. They didn’t really make me want to spend the money but I the z270 line looked much better than most of the previous series they have. I have had 0 issues with mine and it’s my main pc. The lighting is also very bright red and matches my ram perfectly.

7. Happy Hopping

So it's been about 10 mth. since you start using it?

With my Asus, it's the dual Xeon workstation motherboard, about 5 times per year, it locks up during boot up. It's a BIOS bug, but I put up with it

8. Rashean700

Rashean700 Gawd

Yeah I’ve had small issues such as that before with other boards but so far I haven’t. It runs 24/7 also so if a issue did come up I would notice it. Now I am having a cpu based issue with the gpu I’m windows 10 but I’m sure it’s a software one.

9. Dermen

Dermen n00bie

Asrock Z170 Extreme7 has 3x m.2 slots as well in case anybody searches in the future.

michalrz likes this.
  10. Riouken

Riouken Limp Gawd

11. Happy Hopping

12. Happy Hopping

now you make me nervous before my purchase, what is the issue?

13. Rashean700

Rashean700 Gawd

Nah don’t be it’s a driver issue...it’s been a decent board for me overall.

14. Happy Hopping

15. Rashean700

Rashean700 Gawd

To be honest I’ve never updated then Bios since i bought it. I haven’t had any features not working to the fullest. I still haven’t had a hiccup but reviews like that might make ya wonder....but what those people are saying I have had issues like with Asus more than anything with exception of the TUF series boards. But it’s been running strong for almost 10 months 24/7 so it’s been good to me...

16. Happy Hopping

Well, not evern one of them fail. It seems only 23%. So as long as you got one that last, good for you