Need recommendations from more experienced folks - camcorder ...

GCS

Limp Gawd
Going on vacation to FL this year and will be doing the major parks including Sea World and Discovery Cove. Would like a good camcorder for shooting video while we are out.

Needs to be easy to use -- basically I want good quality w/o having to fiddle with tons of settings

Be able to get wet - using at Sea World and will be swimming/diving with it at Discovery Cove

I picked up GoPro Hero 4 (still haven't unboxed it yet) as I thought that might be a good option but after googling a little more it seems it has heat issues, fogging, and the battery doesn't last more than an hour. I don't want to have to deal with 4 or 5 extra batteries and lugging around chargers and crap while we are at the parks.

TIA for any help you guys can provide.

Your budget would be good to know.

IMO you should consider a Sony RX100 M3, a Panasonic Gh4 or for ultra low light performance a Sony A7s

All 3 should work perfectly with waterproof cases and offer you superb video quality.

What about one of the tough cameras? Something like the new Nikon AW130 is waterproof to 100 feet. Nice lens range of 24mm to 120mm. Should cover 95% of the range you want.

Otherwise you'll need to look at smaller cameras and getting a waterproof housing for the diving times.

Back