Need Recommendation for M.2 to PCIe Adapter

MrCaffeineX

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a few M.2 WiFi cards that I've pulled during upgrades and I was debating dropping them into some old PCs that currently lack WiFi capabilities using a PCIe to M.2 adapter similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Wireless-Network-Converter-Including/dp/B01MFGYAX6

Has anyone had any experience with these and/or would you recommend a different model? I grabbed a no-name brand M.2 to PCIe SSD adapter which seems to work fine, so my gut is telling me it probably doesn't make a difference.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to accessories like this, I look to startech as they seem to have good quality control compared to the generic ccc out there.

I didn't see any models available through them that are just for the PCIe adapter card. It looks like everything includes the M.2 WiFi card in the bundle.

I wasn't sure if that one would work due to the whole M-Key vs E-Key specification. Also, it doesn't have the USB adapter cable for BT.
Yep, I haven't looked if they have a specific wifi adapter or not. The other thing I would look for is if HP/Dell/Lenovo ever made an adapter as you should be able to pick it up used for cheap.

Back