Need recommendation for good no-bloat music player for large library

peppergomez

2[H]4U
Wasn't sure if this belongs in this forum or software...

I have 350,000+ tunes in my music library and have been using Media Monkey for years now. Lately it sucks so bad I am ready to ditch it. Can anyone recommend a good audio player that won't choke on a large library? Thanks.

I've moved my music library entirely to PLEX.

Though you may have issues with tagging with a library that big if you haven't been keeping up on ID3 tags on all of your songs.

It works great for me with 50,000 songs. With my PlexPass I also have PlexAMP for mobile listening and its now my mobile music player of choice. (However its still in development which is why it requires a plexpass.) The regular PLEX app is alright for listening in mobile, but far from ideal.

Just keep in mind that it may be slow for the first few days while it tags everything, i can't imagine it'll do that many files quickly.

www.plex.tv

Helium Music Manager might be one to look at.
I installed it and directed it to scan my music library but oddly it only scanned a few hundred files and didn't pull up the artist info. Very strange. I've tried it a few times w/ the same results. I might post on their forums for help but figured I'd ask you in case you use it.

Back