Need Recommendation Cheap/Decent 24/27" Monitor

Agrajag

Weaksauce
I have a venerable HP w2408h 24" widescreen TFT monitor that's been the main monitor on my system for many years now. This morning it powered on with a green vertical bar that's coming from the monitor and not the video card (thankfully).

Unfortunately I'm strapped for cash at the moment and need to replace this economically. I'm older now so cutting edge is hardly a concern. I need to at least match the size of this monitor and would love to jump up to 27" if possible. I'm seeing lots of stuff available for like $200 which is a good area to be in. $400 is currently out of the question.

I mainly browse, do a lot of Wordpress work (and writing), play a number of games including a good bit of X-Plane so ghosting is a MAJOR concern, though this HP's response times don't seem to bother me so I can only assume it'll be similar so many years later, or better. Response if 5ms, 2000:1 contrast ratio. 1920x1200 (which I actually like, but isn't essential to match). Horizontal Refresh 94 kHz, Vertical Refresh 85 Hz.

What is a solid buy for someone like me at this point? Once the cash situation eases up I'll move this monitor into my side monitor which is currently an even less interesting 20" widescreen.

Thanks!

A lot of choice at 200$ price point really.
IPS - Hp 27ea, Hp 25er/es
VA - Benq ew277HDR
High refresh rate TN - LG 24gm79g

if you are willing to, you should look at craigslist/5miles/letgo etc. I found my monitor and a few other things on there and haven't had any issues. Of course I made sure the buyer looked reputable and had the reviews to back it up.

Back