Need opinions on first build

Mitch898

n00b
So I decided to build my first ever gaming pc. I am a lifetime console player, but decided to go to pc gaming due to customizable parts, better graphics, etc. I have a monitor I just bought last year it is an LG 27uk600W (4K, 60hz, freesync). I am trying to stick with this monitor since it is new but if I need to get a new one I will in the future and probably just go with 1080p or maybe 1440p. So on to my build. I tried doing a ton of research and really struggled with a graphics card. I wanted Vega since my monitor is freesync but just wasn’t impressed with them. Let me know what you think of my
Build below and opinions, tips, criticism is welcome thank you!

My build:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
GPU: MSI 1080ti duke 11g OC (got on eBay brand new never used for 550$)
RAM: TWO Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb 3200
SSD: Samsung evo 250gb
HDD: 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: Seasonic focus 750W
CASE: coolermaster H500

So I decided to build my first ever gaming pc. I am a lifetime console player, but decided to go to pc gaming due to customizable parts, better graphics, etc. I have a monitor I just bought last year it is an LG 27uk600W (4K, 60hz, freesync). I am trying to stick with this monitor since it is new but if I need to get a new one I will in the future and probably just go with 1080p or maybe 1440p. So on to my build. I tried doing a ton of research and really struggled with a graphics card. I wanted Vega since my monitor is freesync but just wasn’t impressed with them. Let me know what you think of my
Build below and opinions, tips, criticism is welcome thank you!

My build:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
GPU: MSI 1080ti duke 11g OC (got on eBay brand new never used for 550$)
RAM: TWO Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb 3200
SSD: Samsung evo 250gb
HDD: 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: Seasonic focus 750W
CASE: coolermaster H500
I think you may want a bigger ssd. every game now a days is like 50gb. you dont need the fastest ssd. I use a crucial mx300 500gb and its fast enough to load into bf5 and get tank spawns before others. although I've heard this game's loading time is tied to cpu as well.

you can always get a second ssd, so not a big deal.

4TB seems to be the sweet spot for spinning HDDs right now. Only a few dollars more than a 1TB and if your going to go slow may as well go big. The price jumps pretty high going up past that though

Looks solid I like the ATX case anyway you want a bigger HDD for sure though 1TB fills up fast go with a Hitachi HGST drive 4TB DESKSTAR or something. Stay away from Seagate and WD but some WD drives are not bad I think WD owns Hitachi anyway.

I run a 24" Dell 1440P 165hz monitor it's awesome and it's not too big. I have a Backup even if it ever goes bad owned it for about 2 years.

This is a newer model than the ones there is a 27" version but I find it too big for some games.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-S2417DG-24-Inch-Response/dp/B01IOO4SGK#customerReviews

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think you may want a bigger ssd. every game now a days is like 50gb. you dont need the fastest ssd. I use a crucial mx300 500gb and its fast enough to load into bf5 and get tank spawns before others. although I've heard this game's loading time is tied to cpu as well.

you can always get a second ssd, so not a big deal.
Agreed. The 500GB 860 EVO is only $30 more than the 250GB.

Looks good to me - I'd take the advice already given and pony up / save up if necessary to get a larger SSD. Pricing has gone down considerably - even on NVME m.2s. You will not regret it.

Back