Need opinion on HP Laptop..

Kelvie

Limp Gawd
I was thinking about buying a laptop recently (going to University, thought it may be useful), I have never purchased a laptop before, nor have I shopped online (outside Canada) much.

I was wondering if this is a good deal:
the HP Pavillon ze5470us-hp for $1099 US.. after shipping/duty/handling/taxes it come sto about $1600 Canadian. It is refurbished.

What do you guys think? I'm mainly interested in the DVD+RW and the 2.66Ghz processor.

And also, what kind of battery life should I expect?

Thanks in advance,
Kelvie

[edit:
link: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?action=techspec&dpno=329217#scroll
]

i just got the ze5468 yesterday, i am very hapy with it my battery lasts about 1:45mins

Originally posted by GLASSXEROX
i just got the ze5468 yesterday, i am very hapy with it my battery lasts about 1:45mins

Ouch, I get almost 6hours off my R40...

Originally posted by Shyne151
Ouch, I get almost 6hours off my R40...

apples and oranges :rolleyes:

the laptop looks like an ok deal. Just make sure you've remembered all the taxes/impor duties blah blah... when shipping from the US. ;)

Originally posted by defcom_1
apples and oranges :rolleyes:

the laptop looks like an ok deal. Just make sure you've remembered all the taxes/impor duties blah blah... when shipping from the US. ;)

Yeah.. I noticed, but they have this Borderfree program that's backed by Canada Post, so it should be no problem over there... it comes out to just under $1600 CDN (probably even a bit less since the Canadian dollar is steadily rising against the US).. so that's nice.

However... the 2 hour battery life MAY prove to be a problem....

I think you will love an hp laptop, currently I have a hp pavilion ze 4125 that is mine.. im only 15 and I also have a toshiba tecra 8000 that is mine also. The Hp was bought for me to use for school and internet and all and the tecra 8000 was a computer my mom used in her office a long time ago that I had to reformat and do alot of stuff with and her office updated and got new dells then new ibms and all so now its mine :)

Anyways, to get to my point I think you will love your hp, ive never had any major problems with mine and hp customer support is very good!!! Well this is just my 2 cents good luck!

Might want to put palm guards on it or something if you plan on using it a lot. After the 6 month mark both mine and my friend's HP laptops (4325 and XT155) looked like complete crap. That sparkle finish just doesn't last.

I had an Hp ze5300 for a couple of weeks. The only problem I had was the integrated graphics, other than that it was great.

Okay.. despite the 1.5 hour battery life (which may be hard to deal with :p)...

Is the WiFi any good? 54g

And it IS onlt 1099 bucks.. seems like a very good deal..

Anything else I would need to know before I make this purchase (would be classified as a major purchase.. $1000 isn't a small amount of money..).

Cheers,
K

after the optimizer i am able to get 2hrs with wifi on, the range is pretty good with 802.11b, havent tried g yet. a good feature is the laptop has an actual button to turn on/off the wifi. another thing you want to do is get a nice bag for it but bring the laptop with you, it is kind of large and you want one that fits it good

Back