Need new PSU, what's good and available fast?

LstBrunnenG

Supreme [H]ardness
Long story short, my two new R9 290s had something of an argument with my old stalwart BFG ES800. That little guy has gone through two builds with me but it looks like he may have pushed his last amp of current. While I wait for BFG to come through with a warranty replacement (lifetime warranty! All right!) I figure I'd best find a new one.

Is Corsair still as highly regarded as they were 5 years ago? They seemed to be top dog at the time and I'm hoping quality hasn't taken a dive. The AX1200i is attractive to me because it's Corsair, in stock for Prime shipping at Amazon, and could probably handle four of these beast cards, but it got lukewarm a lukewarm review at [H] on price/performance. Is there another PSU from a rock solid company that I can trust that might be a better fit and that I could theoretically have by Thurs/Fri?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ended up going with Amazon's last unit of this 1500W Enermax in stock. Hopefully 5 years from now when I put in several power-hungry GeForce G10 395s (because I'm assuming by then the pendulum will have swung back to nV being the power-hungry team and AMD being the power-efficient side) it won't die on me from not having a big enough number in its name.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back