need new headphones

THRESHIN

2[H]4U
got the itch for some new headphones, mostly because i can't get a good mic that will clip onto my shirt! so now i'm looking for a good set of gaming headphones that has the mic arm. didn't want to go this route but oh well...

i picked up some turtle beach earforce z2's on sale today, and i have to say they are going straight back to the store in the morning. worst sounding headphones i have ever put on.

so any suggestions? here's what i'm after:
- nice balanced sound, i don't care of a pile of bass nor do i listen to rap. give me the entire tone range please!
- would rather not USB headphones...i have an older sound blaster x-fi and like the sound quality out of it. yes i understand its not top notch, but its not terrible by any means. 3.5mm plugs all the way.
- price....may go up to $100, i just don't see the point in spending a lot of money on headphones. strangely, yes i can hear the difference. my ears are quite good. its more that i like my wallet as well, i admit it i'm a cheap bastard. i'd say more like $40-60 is my idea of headphones....$100 range if its clearly worth it.
- amps or high volume not necessary. my ears are good and i usually don't have my music/games up very loud.

any thoughts? for comparison i've been using some old noise canceling sony MDR-NC6's for years now. they're looking pretty ratty but served me well. always liked the good balancing of tone ranges from sony....can't say i like much else about the company though.

thanks guys.

you sir are a genius. now i just have to figure out where to get that in canada. any mic like that i buy has been crap, terrible sound quality and it breaks easily. call me a brand whore, but i've had wonderful experience with zalman products.

THANKS!!

You found him the perfect solution.I'd use the same one with my headphone if my SB z mic dies.
I head set with a boom mic makes me feel like an air traffic controller.

you sir are a genius. now i just have to figure out where to get that in canada. any mic like that i buy has been crap, terrible sound quality and it breaks easily. call me a brand whore, but i've had wonderful experience with zalman products.

THANKS!!

Canada computers and NCIX have the zalman mics man.

Back