Need new gaming keyboard.

gonna need some more information.

what do you require in a keyboard? do you want mechanical keys? do you want backlighting? is it important that you have a useless LCD screen attached to your keyboard?

there are hundres upon hundreds of keyboard options out there, not gonna be able to help you without a little more info.

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard.

All you asked is what you should get, there's your answer.

Logitech G110. Its like sex with your fingers.

yeah those rubber domes are legit! i love the feeling of my fingers just mushing into the keys. seriously if typing feel is important to you mechanical is the only way to go.

It depends on what you need. Personally, I use the GamePanel LCD all the bloody time, so it isn't worth giving that up for me to go mechanical. The Logitech G19 or G510 have some of the best membrane keys available and type just fine unless someone has a particular level of preference exclusively for mechanical keys (Personally, I think there is a difference but it isn't as dramatic as some make it out to be). The G510 is less expensive and has the mono screen, but is all in all a good option. You can also pick up the G13 gameboard if you like, which I find quite useful.

If you want to go Mechanical, there's the Black Widow Ultimate from Razer, and a host of other vendors like SteelSeries, Filco, HappyHacking and others... careful, you'll spend a pretty penny.

There's also the upcoming SWTOR Razer keyboard which has some Optimus-like LCD/LED keys, but I've yet to discover if it is actually useful for anything besides SWTOR (ie being able to load icons sets for other games).

If you want additional features for a good price, the Logitech G510 is probably the way to go - It has USB ports, audio inputs, a 3rd generation mono game panel, macro keys, media keys etc.. and amongst the best non-mechanical keys available with any-color you choose backlighting. If you want a color LCD, get the G19 if you can find it inexpensively. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/7246 . If you want a "standard" keyboard without any bells and whistles, get a mechanical one like those listed above.

Im liking my Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard, so, meh!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sidewinder-Gaming-Keyboard-Port/dp/B001DWI4FM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307991148&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard with USB Port: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NksWjt22L.@@AMEPARAM@@41NksWjt22L[/ame]

Real gamer: mechanical. Filco/steelseries6gv2 or other high quality mechanical.

In the game I play the actual keyboard is important. Lights aren't needed, lcd not needed, macro buttons not needed. Add all the lights and crap to a rubber dome keyboard and it still preforms like crap. So steelseries6gv2 is my recommendation or filco if you have the extra money.

Last edited:
what do you need? n-key rollover, cherry brown switches, lasered keys that dont wear off, maybe a removable cord?

yeah those rubber domes are legit! i love the feeling of my fingers just mushing into the keys. seriously if typing feel is important to you mechanical is the only way to go.

haha i used to use a g110 till i got my blackwidow. incredible is all i can say.

I really like my Steel Series 6gv2. Nothing too fancy looking though so if that's something you want I'd look elsewhere. The Logitech G110 is really great as well. I know a co-worker who owns one and he says its easily the best he's ever owned.

I-ROCKS gaming backlit keyboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823204015

Sure it doesn't have ALL the fanciest newest features that the logitechs or razers will have, but it's simple, functional, and looks and feels great. I love how small it is too. I have limited desk room and becuase it's so small I can use more of my mouse pad. Keys feel somewhat like laptop keys, very responsive and quick. Plus the backlight is awesome. Not too bright but really helps at night - I never would have thought how useful it would be until I turned this one on. Plus, look at the price. Only 30 bucks versus 100 dollar razer and logitech keyboards.

Bottom line: If you're a gamer like me, and don't believe that having 17 different macro keys or having an LCD screen on your keyboard or having a .0003ms faster keyboard response is ACTUALLY going to make you a better gamer, then this is the keyboard for you. No huge thrills, but it makes up for that in clean design, functionality, and practicality.

Sure it doesn't have ALL the fanciest newest features that the logitechs or razers will have, but it's simple, functional, and looks and feels great. I love how small it is too. I have limited desk room and becuase it's so small I can use more of my mouse pad. Keys feel somewhat like laptop keys, very responsive and quick. Plus the backlight is awesome. Not too bright but really helps at night - I never would have thought how useful it would be until I turned this one on. Plus, look at the price. Only 30 bucks versus 100 dollar razer and logitech keyboards.

Bottom line: If you're a gamer like me, and don't believe that having 17 different macro keys or having an LCD screen on your keyboard or having a .0003ms faster keyboard response is ACTUALLY going to make you a better gamer, then this is the keyboard for you. No huge thrills, but it makes up for that in clean design, functionality, and practicality.

Anyone know a reliable European redistributor for these? Or do they even make these with other layouts?

Last edited:

He could go all the way down to 9 dollars for a keyboard if he doesn't need a backlight. Most gamers know where they keys are by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
My top recommendation is the Logitech G510...amazing keyboard, and not too expensive all things considered. If you want one that also feels great for gaming, and everyday use (IMO) without an LCD and that is a less expensive option, the Logitech G110 is also a great board.

My top recommendation is the Logitech G510...amazing keyboard, and not too expensive all things considered. If you want one that also feels great for gaming, and everyday use (IMO) without an LCD and that is a less expensive option, the Logitech G110 is also a great board.

90 bucks for a rubber dome keyboard.

++

I have this one and love it

If you want a high quality illuminated mechanical, look no further than the Deck Legend!

Don't get a Saitek Cyborg...they keys get hard to press after a while. RMA'd two of them already.

Back