need list of commands for command prompt

Kherozene

Limp Gawd
hey guys im looking for a whole bunch of commands i can type into RUN so i can get to stuff quicker. Can anyone point me to a website?

Thanks alot

Thanks for that,
i totally understand what you mean but i had been googling for about 30mins and couldn't find anything, i was searching cmd 'calc' because i knew that was one, and all other possibilities but not the obvious one you listed.

thanks alot!!

what im tryng to look for is the command to manage programs which start up automatically once windows loads up.

msconfig, which is a GUI tool.

If you need quick ways to run software, create keyboard shortcuts to all the apps on the Start - Programs menu. I have keyboard shortcuts to most everything, on top of the shortcuts that already exist in Windows.

Makes things much easier, really.

There is no such complete list.

What you type at the command prompt might be a built-in command. There's a list of those: just type HELP at the command prompt.

Or, it might be the name of an external command. An external command turns out to be a program name: something.EXE. What external commands are available is different from machine to machine, from day to day. External commands can be added or removed depending on how the PATH is configured and what software you've got installed.

SJConsultant said:
While not a complete list, Ice Czar has a pretty comprehensive list here.
Unless you've installed the Resource Kits, you'll note that many of those commands aren't on your system.

Curiously, Ice's list doesn't include the support tools (which are on your Windows Installation CD), even though it does include the Resource Kit tools (which you have to go download and buy).

mikeblas said:
Unless you've installed the Resource Kits, you'll note that many of those commands aren't on your system.

Which is already noted by the link he provided on the first line of this post.

mikeblas said:
Curiously, Ice's list doesn't include the support tools (which are on your Windows Installation CD), even though it does include the Resource Kit tools (which you have to go download and buy).

For Windows 2000, yes you would need to buy the resource kit. Windows 2003 resource kit is available via Microsoft downloads for free which includes the majority of Windows 2000 Resource kit tools.

As for the support tools, the list was a "work in progress", however Ice has taken a leave from the forums (last I read) and as such work on the list hasn't progressed.

Right. Like I said, it's impossible to make a comprehensive list of something that's infinitely configurable and extensible.

you need to be more specific. We can't second guess the entirety of your computers setup or what you use your computer for.

Back