Need List of All Black edition AM2/AM2+ CPUs

iPearl

[H]ard|Gawd
Like title said i am looking for a complete list of which CPU came in black edition.
I cant find it on wiki, it gives me partial lists.
And google doesn't give me any decent links back.

5000+ (2.6ghz 65nm)
5400+ (2.8ghz 65nm)
6400+ (3.2ghz 90nm)

9600BE ( 2.3 ghz, B2 rev QC)
9650BE (2.3 ghz B3 rev QC) (not 100% on this one)
9850BE (2.5ghz B3 rev QC) (not 100% on this one either)
9950BE (2.6ghz B3 rev QC)

I still think calling these chips FX chips sounded better.

wow thats it ???
So the list in wiki wasn't incomplete...
I thought there were more...

X2 6400+ has the highest L2 cache out of the x2 series ?

You opinion From a AMD user, do you thing i get similar or better performance out of the 6400 BE vs E6700 on stock values ?

im not too sure on how the 6400 and 6700 compare to each other, i do know that the 9850BE and the Q6600 are really close in performance.

You opinion From a AMD user, do you thing i get similar or better performance out of the 6400 BE vs E6700 on stock values ?

Performance would be similar, with the edge going to intel, esp on encoding apps, you wouldn't be able to feel the difference going from one to another. You probably wouldn't feel a difference, only difference is numbers on a benchmark.

Oh i am just looking for a Black edition to have, since they seem to be cheaper than Extreme Intels.
Going to be my computer in my apt, But it needs to be decently powered to run most things.
Matching up to the E6700 or faster at low cost and black edition.

I thought there were more black editions but it seems like i was wrong.
Phenom Black editions are Still over 100 USD i think.
I am trying to get it under 75

Saw Black Edition 5000 For sale but itssold already. So i am trying to figure out which other chips came in Black edition that i can look for.

It's not uncommon to see other AM2 or AM2+ cpu's overclock as high as a black edition it's just easier with the BE. I'm assuming overclocking is the main reason behind wanting a BE cpu?

Correct, Something inexpensive for me to fool with. And i want to have it for some Mods.

Thats an interesting Chip, But its Miltipliers are locked. and i dunno what the BE stands for in thi model don't seem to be Black Edition?

Im not sure what BE stands for either but it is their low wattage line. It is a 45w part which should give you a good amount of headroom. I have a 4000x2 at 3GHz and this is essentially a better binned 4400x2 so I think 3GHz should be pretty easy on it. I bought one and will be using it with a Biostar Tf-7025 board.

hummm nah i ma stick to the 2x1MB L2 ones if someone sellling them ... that is.

hummm nah i ma stick to the 2x1MB L2 ones if someone sellling them ... that is.

6000+ F3 (ADX6000CZBOX) is what id look for instead of a 5400/6400BE for a X2 . Couple it with a nice AM2 mobo or even a new 790gx is better...The chip can be found still and has the High L2 cache which is a big +.

I say this from experiance.... Ive clocked 6000+'s as good or even better than 6400BE.

I have done the same with 9950BEx4...Which brings me to say some things about the new Phenom BE's..

You said a chip for under $100 please take this into consideration. i look at the all around picture and like to spend wisely:D

At the same clock speeds the 9950 cleans the playing field for running all apps and gamming even @3.0ghz...vs a 6000+/6400BE.

Ive benched 6000+ vs 9950 @ 2.8ghz/3.0ghz/3.4ghz/3.5ghz....the 9850/9950 won each round hands down...the 9850BE can be coupled with a 790GX for $300.00.

Q9300 @2.5mhz is nice but almost $100 more than top line AMD.
9950 = 2.6ghz and a great value for AMD setup.

Q9300 = $269.00 ,,Phenom 9950BE = $235.00 ive even seen them below that .

Now a nice Mobo for Intel easy $150+ vs, a nice 790GX = $99 bucks.

Ive been using AMD for a long time and still have a thunderbird500mhz and 754 newcastles running . if you want bang for the buck AMD has it..spending $50-80 more for a X4 over X2 for BE series is well worth it even if you choose to run a 9850BE/9950BE@stock.

Im suspecting you will buy a AMD mobo to go with your new BE , a X4 can be had for $300.00. a 6000+F3 and 790gx mobo say $230.

a 6000+ which can clock 3.3-3.5ghz on Air ..$112.00 i know you said under $100 but these are the best for X2 overclockers and are going fast 100% proven! The L2 2x1mb cache is way faster than the any Brisbanes 2x 512kb hands down.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

6000+ @3.5ghz

Dtekand2xBIX.jpg

9950BE @3.55ghz

3550mhz22s.jpg

Well my Original Plan was this.
I have had both Intel and AMD From 4800X2 939, E6700, E4300, 3800X2 939 even bc the 939 had a DDR1 Flaw bottle neck i stepped over to Intel kind of regret it since my old chip ran most application jsu fine. The intels are nice but it seems like i pay more money for the name than for the actual item. E6700 Went for arms and legs (i got i for cheap from forums) it was review sample i think, but still had Locked multipliers (only 6-11 are available).

So i decided to keep the E6700 For main computer.

But want to make a new one Themed in black.
The reason I said stock was, my choice of the computer.
Shuttle SN78SH7 (I believe it won't have much headroom in cooling to OC much)
The reason i want to go this route is the 8300 Hybrid SLI onboard.
I wanna see if it can handle PhysX Paired with a 8800 GT SSC.
The next issues was that ChipSet for that shuttle only come in AMD version.

So i kinda wanted to have it all "Some kinda" edition just to look at, not to actually OC LOL.
(I am nicpicky)

And i never had a Black Edition CPU before so i am curious on what is Special about them.
B/C Intel is selling theirs (Extreme) For alot more than the non extreme versions.
Now getting a hold of a ES edition be well suited for this task also i believe. Since Black edition and ES editons are basicly the same?

I'm sorry I'm confused, any AMD cpu with Black Edition in the title does have an unlocked multiplier. Now you say you're wanting to get one but not to overclock it?? By the way, nVidia graphics cards can now act as a physx card for cheaper.

The only thing special is that it's easy to overclock because you can just bump up the multiplier. However, if you're going to get a black edition and not overclock it just go for the quad with the highest frequency. The 5400+ X2 BE does have an unlocked multiplier, where did you see that it doesn't??

I'm sorry I'm confused, any AMD cpu with Black Edition in the title does have an unlocked multiplier. Now you say you're wanting to get one but not to overclock it?? By the way, nVidia graphics cards can now act as a physx card for cheaper.

The only thing special is that it's easy to overclock because you can just bump up the multiplier. However, if you're going to get a black edition and not overclock it just go for the quad with the highest frequency. The 5400+ X2 BE does have an unlocked multiplier, where did you see that it doesn't??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103215

This should overclock as well as the Black Editions. Retail is around $100 and with coupon code: AMD81210 and 5.5% Live cashback it is around $38.

K you need to read the whole thread, i was referring to Lixuelai and his BE-2400 Suggestion.
I never said the 5400 Black edition doesn't have unlocked multi.

If you read my other post, the reason is, i want to stuff this into a Shuttle SN78SH7 (NO i don't want another case)

For now I dont want OC,Just with unlocked Multiplier, Maybe for the future to over clock, But as for right now i want it stock and was trying to figure out which ones came out Unlocked and which seems to be the better deal as an unlocked chip. As long as the multipliers are unlocked.

Next, no i do not want a Quad Core with the highest multiplier since they are all Above $150+ And i am still looking for a 2.2-3.0+Ghz Dual range since they seem to be around $70-$110. Which seems to be a nice price you can get them used even a bit cheaper.

Dont think it was ever upwards unlocked like the 5000x2 to 25. You can only go up to 16.

Oh btw by unlocked, how high can you go in ur multiplier ? If the chip states unlocked, i am pretty sure there is a total max where you cant go no more.

Well if you don't want to overclock at the moment and you don't want a quad core then get the 6400+ for the max frequency and cache if you can afford it. It uses more power though 125W. I really see no point in getting one of these if you're not going to overclock it when it's so easy to just bump the multiplier up by 1 or 2. I think the multiplier is limited to your motherboard.

Back