Need linkage to domain installer fast! 100ghz ready to borg!

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
Don't have much time to get into the details but I may be borging 100ghz+ in about an hour and I could really use a link to the domain installer. I did a search but found nothing.

Thanks

I am sure you know. but just for the record.

Don'ts

Never ever illegally borg a PC with out asking.
Don't borg display PC's in retail stores. Also illegal.
Never give the [H] a bad name by acting stupid and borging a machine that you have no right touching.

Remember! You can lose your posting privledges here for posting about illegal borging acts and Stanford can remove your points and the TEAMS if they find that you have participated in illegal activity.

If you ever have a question about the legallity of borging a machine, ask one of the mods and please consider the EULA from Stanford:

Naww nothing illegal, I have meeting with sysadmin in 20min and I want to be prepared if he says "when can we get it all installed?"

Sweet! Good luck!!
100GHz is always nice to borg :D

Just make sure you change the team,etc on that installer....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Odd are, best not to run large WU's on workstations ect. Will suck up too much RAM and bog the users down.

Pesky users...

Talking to him soon, just had a look at the installer, would setting the host to <WAN server> and port to 80 work fine or wont FAH connect on port 80?

that'd only be if you're running a proxy server on the network. if you aren't, you should probably leave it blank.

my suggestion: try it on one machine until you get it right, then move on to a larger scale.

Code:
[settings]
username=rogue_jedi
team=33
asknet=no
machineid=1
local=0
bigpackets=no

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[clienttype]
type=1

[core]
priority=96
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=30
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

that's the 'client.cfg' you'll wanna use. setting "active=no" means it is not set to use a proxy server. if your network has a proxy server (we'll call it proxy and put it on port 123 for this example) the section should be this:
Code:
[http]
active=no
host=proxy
port=123
usereg=no
better yet, actually run fah502console.exe -configonly on a machine, set it up there, then move that config file to the deployment dir if you have a proxy. if not, use the one i put in.

hopefully he's just busy playing with all his borgs. and not dead because he killed them all or something through misuse of the borg-o-matic.

Sysadmin says he'll have to "think about it". Imo it's a "no", havent heard word from him yet though. :(

Zxcs said:
Sysadmin says he'll have to "think about it". Imo it's a "no", havent heard word from him yet though. :(

check the stalls.. open a window.. slip a pizza under the door... make sure he is still breathing...

Bribes to the proper people can be very effective. Hire a Swedish massagist.

:D :D :D

unhappy_mage said:
Bribes to the proper people can be very effective. Hire a Swedish massagist.

:D :D :D

I heard K* was offering up his services in a different thread. I think his rate was 50 folding points per hour.

naw that was iron nutz

he needs to step away from the sink for a while.. its getting old ;)

Back