Need laptop, $1000

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Looking for a laptop. Traded off my Zenbook UX31A last year, and I end up needing another one this year.
I know I can't get something like that for my budget, and I'm OK with that. I do need something with some decent battery life, and one that I can play Diablo 3 on with some decent settings. Screen resolution isn't a huge deal for me. In fact, other than how beautiful the display was, I found the 1440p display on the UX31A to be slightly annoying, often requiring me to increase font size on most web pages if it wasn't actually in my lap or on a desk immediately in front of me. (Hooray run-on sentences)

Please let me know any recommendations you may have. This is going to be strictly for travel. I travel a two or three times a month for a few days at a time. The rest of the time it is going to sit in the bag, or be in the wife's lap playing Civ III/IV.

I did see the new Alienware 13 with the 1050Ti. I know that it is marked up dud to the Alienware name, but for reference, that is around the specs that I'm looking at.

Thanks

Last edited:
Strictly for travel, then 1080p version of Dell XPS 13 9360 is your best bet. D3 and Civ5 do not require crazy gpu power. So getting a discrete GPU is a waste of money and shortens battery life and adds weight. Low end XPS13's can be found for around $900 or less

Strictly for travel, then 1080p version of Dell XPS 13 9360 is your best bet. D3 and Civ5 do not require crazy gpu power. So getting a discrete GPU is a waste of money and shortens battery life and adds weight. Low end XPS13's can be found for around $900 or less

Or for $450 like the one I just found on Craigslist, in mint condition! Hit up Craigslist people.

Back