Need insight on wireless speakers

Ayoralyn

Limp Gawd
Hello!

So I've had my speakers for the good part of 15 years I'm thinking. It's a 5.1 system, but I've always only used it as 2.1 due to not really having the best place for a 5.1 setup. Wires running across the floor isn't really amazing. I'm moving soon, so my plan is to get a better gaming setup. In that regard, I was looking at buying some new speakers. Not only because my current ones are old, but I was also looking into a wireless option. So my question is if wireless speakers are a viable option? And how wireless are they actually? Any recommendations taking budget into consideration as well? I can't say I'm too interested in spending much more then $100 on it. I'm not an audiophile by any means.

Thanks in advance.

The ones I've found in my own searches are wireless in the sense of: not wired to the receiver but will require wiring to a receiver which is plugged into a wall outlet with a transmitter wired to the receiver. While not fully wireless, does give more freedom to place rear speakers without running 10's of feet of wiring.

Reference of transmitter/receiver. You can use speakers of your choosing but keep in mind it's not going to drive surround speakers as the main power source would. You MIGHT have to do more DIY with some amp kit or find a different amplified wireless set.
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Tra...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NP2VCCWMEQCADA6TKTYS

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back