Need input on setting up an access point to a house next door

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Ski, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Ski

Ski Gawd

Long story short I'm going to attempt to set up my router to an access point of a two storey house adjacent to mine ranging a distance somewhere around 60-90 feet away from the length of the cable necessary to reach it this area. Based on my cursory research I'm deciding to go with the Unifi 802.11ac Dual-Radio PRO and this outdoor 100ft ethernet cable.

The second floor itself is roughly 35 x 40 feet and it's completely open space with no walls whatsoever so there's no absolutely no interference to speak of for this area. Additionally want to add my service is 90/10 mbps.

With that said, will simply using a 100 ft outdoor ethernet cable and the Unifi be enough to handle the requirements necessary? If not, what do you guys suggest would be better if I I'm to achieve the highest signal quality available? Also amy electrical issues I might run into I should be aware of, I'm a neophyte in this area. I'd like to keep the budget under $200 if possible but open to other suggestions.

Thanks for any an all input.