Need ideas to get above 3.2Ghz

Ok, so, the rig that is in my sig is currently at 3.2Ghz stable at 1.4Vcore...I want it to run faster but I have a catch. I am only running it on DDR2-667 right now because I haven't had the money to order the actual RAM that is in the sig (though it will be there soon). Until then, I would like to see if I can push my computer any further using the 667. I have it running at 370 x 9 and once I get up around 375 it starts to get unstable because of the FSB hole that the motherboard has (between 374 and 399). Well, once I make the jump over the hole it is unstable because the RAM is then running 67Mhz over stock speed and it is starting to get a bit fussy. I am running the RAM to 2.4V and the highest it can go is 2.45V (and I can, it stays cool to the touch :D). So any suggestions as to how to get it to stay stable at 400Mhz?

The RAM is at a 1:1 ratio because it can't go any lower, running at 2.4V and using a 5-6-6-18 timing, the loosest it will go and not crash) just so you have the info on the RAM.

Can you drop the divider on the memory down to the 533 divider? The timings you are running are VERY loose for 667.

You might be able to get a little bit higher and tighten your timings at the same time.

I loosened it up just to get the speed because I figured I could loosen all the way until I got what I wanted and then I can just tighten it back up once I have what I want. The RAM is at the lowest divider it can go to which is 1:1 unfortunately because it is a P5B which uses an older chipset, 965 I believe, that doesn't support the unlinked divider or anything like that, that the fancy new boards have. I'm almost considering getting an EVGA 680i but I'm not sure if I want to bother because I know this board can get the clock done with the right RAM.

Back