Need Helping Making A Decicion on a 24' TN

Psitech

Weaksauce
I've finally narrowed things down to 4 models. I'm only looking at TN because of my budget and I only want a 24' due to wanting 1920x1200. If you guys could help me narrow things down a bit further I'd appreciate it. I don't really care about the stand too much or glossy vs non glossy. I just want to get the best panel possible. This will be used for mostly gaming.

HP W2408H
BenQ G2400WD
Gateway FHD2400
Samsung 2433BW

Have you come across the Asus VW266H? I got one a few weeks ago. Good display.

Otherwise I would choose the BenQ.

God bless you for writing a coherent thread that won't immediately descend into madness on exactly the subject I'm interested in. :D

I have the Samsung 2433BW and I've been very happy with it. The only thing that I don't like is that you cant set different brightness/contrast/color/etc settings for the two inputs. So I have it set properly for DVI, but for whatever reason the vga input is very bright and washed out, makes it hard to use it with two separate machines.

What about the Samsung T240 and T240HD? I was wondering the same thing as the OP and didn't want to make a new thread...

don't get the hp w2408h. it has TERRIBLE bleeding around the edges. i returned mine yesterday.

don't get the hp w2408h.
Heh. Funny. I was just gonna ask about that one. Thanks for the head's up!

Seems like the BenQ G2400WD is getting the most love, in similar threads. I was hoping I'd find something local, but it looks like I'll be resorting to mail-order regardless of whether I opt for TN or IPS. Was hoping to avoid that. Buying a display is stressful enough without having to dick around with shipping ...

My only other option is the Samsung 2443BW from Future Shop. Having seen it in person, I'm not terribly impressed ... but the setup was crap, shared/split VGA input. Terrible lighting. Uncalibrated. No way to tell.

its hard to tell about most things in store due to the crappy setups and shit lighting. i ended up just getting a T220 because the bestbuy didn't have any other 24" in stock worth while, the 24" was actually bigger than i need, and i ended up saving a bunch of money. even the 22" model of the HP has terrible bleeding around the edges.

don't get the hp w2408h. it has TERRIBLE bleeding around the edges. i returned mine yesterday.

Funny that you say that. I got one a few weeks ago when they were back in stock at Buy.com. I returned it due to a stuck pixel and sometimes getting a red vertical line top to bottom. There was a lot of back light bleed also. I think this was because the panel I got was an LG panel and not a sammy. I've read that people report less back light bleed with the sammy panels. The only problem is that you have no way of knowing what panel you'll get.

I still have (had) the w2408h on my list just to see what people still thought about it and figured I might give it another chance.

Right now I've kinda narrowed things down to these:

Samsung T240HD (anybody have any experience with this one?)
BenQ G2400WD
Gateway FHD2400

Interesting. I'm still considering giving the HP w2408h from Future Shop a shot. The PRAD review shows almost no bleed, quite a nice black in dark ambient conditions. Must be a panel lottery, like you say. Worst case scenario, I return it for full refund before 30 days and start considering mail-order. At least it's local.

Samsung T240HD (anybody have any experience with this one?)
BenQ G2400WD
Gateway FHD2400

The 240HD is the one with "Touch of Red", right? Haven't heard anything particularly good nor bad regarding this one. Seems to be getting middle of the road reviews, recommended for ppl who want an inexpensive TV/monitor combo. I've seen the 22" version in FS, but the viewing conditions were so poor, it's hard to say.

The BenQ is widely considered to be the best deal in 24" TN. My only question is, aside from the obvious aesthetics, how does it stack up against the V2400? A number of reviews seem to indicate that the V2400 has better blacks and colors, though only just. Too bad I hate how it looks. The offset bothers me. :p

The Gateway, it's not really on my radar. Can't say.

Back