Need help with WRT54G and Cavalier C2

I need some help with configure my Linksys WRT54G wireless router to work with Cavalier's C2 internet. The Linksys WRT54G work flawlessly when I configure to work with the motorola cablem modem when I was with Comcast (they blow btw). So I switch to CavTel's dsl (advertise as 8mbps download but i'm only getting 5.1mbps but oh well it's just as fast as comcast imo). Well i tried everything to get the damn thing to get through the internet...nothing works. The last thing I need to do is to reset the router to factory setting. I'm going to do that tonight. I called CavTel customer service and they told me that they're serving the internet via DHCP (which is even easier then Comcast's static IP address setup). Is anyone running a similar setup? If i connect the ethernet cable from adsl modem to my computer I can get fast internet, but i'm trying to set the router up so I can have access from my other computer. Let me know if you have any idea or encounter similar problems. Thx!

Since you can connect without the router, maybe the DSL modem is looking for the MAC address of your PC and when you hook up the router its not verified. Try cloning your PCs MAC address.

Or maybe just power cycle everything, hook everything up, unplug the modem and router, wait about a minute, plug the modem back in, let it power up, and do the same with the router..

Since you can connect without the router, maybe the DSL modem is looking for the MAC address of your PC and when you hook up the router its not verified. Try cloning your PCs MAC address.

Or maybe just power cycle everything, hook everything up, unplug the modem and router, wait about a minute, plug the modem back in, let it power up, and do the same with the router..

I reset my linksys WRT54G by holding the reset button for more than 30 seconds. Using DHCP did not work even though CavTel's customer service indicate that what they used. What i did prior was wrote down all the ip and dns address. I set the router to these setting using Static IP. At first it didn't seem to work, the impatient side says "oh schucks it didn't work!". But after a couple of minutes... I hit refresh to go to Google and it through. Still this wasn't wireless but I know I was on to something. My computer was connected to the internet by ethernet cable from the router. Then I just put in my previous setting for the route such a the key and it works! Awesome! Finally got that done. :)

Nice to hear it is now working out. :)
It's pretty upsetting that these hugh ISPs don't even know some of their own basic settings :rolleyes:

It's pretty upsetting that these hugh ISPs don't even know some of their own basic settings :rolleyes:
Tell me about it, like I mentioned in the previous thread my room mate is a cable technician, and he's been written up numerous times for "cursing and demeaning" his technical staff....yet they won't hire me... wtf

Yeah if I listen to them I would've never gotten this to work. Sometime you just have to go with your gut feeling. It works out for me most of them time :)

Back