Need help with sharing my PC drive over my network

hitched

Limp Gawd
I have been trying to set this up all day and it's driving me crazy...

I have found an app (RS file manager) that is discovering my PC but it won't open to show the drive that I have set to be shared. That same app has no issue seeing my external drive and all its contents that is plugged into my router...

I have the drive set to be shared, I have even tried turning windows defender and firewall off but still I can not access the drive on my PC with the android app...

The router I am using is a Netgear R7000 and the pc is hardwired to that router

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I have 0 experience with RS file manager, however on a PC I would imagine it would be shared the same way as sharing a folder - just if you want to share the entire drive, you may have to edit those sharing permissions closer to the top of your file tree hierarchy.

With that being said, from a windows PC to another windows PC, it is relatively easy to setup the shared folder on a remote local computer, considering the path name is correct. For example, \\COMPUTER1\documents\shared\, or [LAN.IP.of.machine]\documents\shared\

an easy way to find the folders and pathnames to them would be to perform a network scan via Advanced IP Scanner.

I had another member help me out, apparently I just needed to create a user and password in wonderful windows so that when I try to access the computers drives I have something to enter to log into... Using anonymous and setting my drives to shared did nothing for me...

If you or anyone happen to know any other Android / iOS apps for accessing a shared PC drive I would gladly like to try it, as the file I use now for Android (solid explorer) only seems to let me read from my PC drives only as I don't see any option to let me move files from my phone to the drive...

Last edited:
I had another member help me out, apparently I just needed to create a user and password in wonderful windows so that when I try to access the computers drives I have something to enter to log into... Using anonymous and setting my drives to shared did nothing for me...

If you or anyone happen to know any other Android / iOS apps for accessing a shared PC drive I would gladly like to try it, as the file I use now for Android (solid explorer) only seems to let me read from my PC drives only as I don't see any option to let me move files from my phone to the drive...

I use ES File explorer on Android, It just works. It also has the ability to browse both local and LAN drives, and either cut/copy and paste from each.

The system that you are sharing the drive what Operating system? is this a Windows? If so, when you share you need to add a user under the property. Or add the group Everyone. This will allow all users on the network to access the drive freely without having to use a username and password. Let me know if you need help with this I can walk you through this or remote into your computer to assist.

Back