Need help with setting Qos on my ddwrt

xellos2099alpha

[H]ard|Gawd
Long story short, I play a mmorpg call final fantasy xiv. Recently the connection is really bad when ever my brother start watching YouTube or w/e he is watching on his chrome book in the next room. I am currently using ATT internet 10 so it is 10m down and around 50kbs up.

This is my QOS current setting. It is helping a bit that I put my mac address as premium and my brother mac address as bulk bit there is still a ton of lag. Let me know if i did thid correctly

My game use very little bandwidth but I heard the program release bandwidth when there are another program on the network request for it, thus when another pc turn on, the game lag for a minute or 2 before it kind of normalize but sometime it doesn't What I am trying to do is to reserve some bandwidth specific to my pc so I can avoid the lag issue.

Any help is appreciated.

I hate to say it I would get att involved to fix your line. 50kb/s upload is going to get saturated anytime anyone requests even a simple website. No qos is gonna help in this scenario...

Isn't the idea of qos is able to reserve certain amounbt of bandwidth all to myself so other couldn;t access it?

Isn't the idea of qos is able to reserve certain amounbt of bandwidth all to myself so other couldn;t access it?
yes but with 50kbs upload there is just not enough to go around. I would have att fix your line or lower your sync level so you can get some upload to make qos worth wild. Just.my 2 sense. At 10mbit down you should be at least 1mbit upload not 50kbs

Depending on packet size, window size, etc, you could easily saturate your 50kbps upload with acks before you could reach 10mbps down. Single large download probably fine, but multiple users all doing different things?

I can't believe they'd sell a 10mbps/50kbps package, something has to be off somewhere. Typically you'd see 10/2 or 10/1.

Depending on packet size, window size, etc, you could easily saturate your 50kbps upload with acks before you could reach 10mbps down. Single large download probably fine, but multiple users all doing different things?

I can't believe they'd sell a 10mbps/50kbps package, something has to be off somewhere. Typically you'd see 10/2 or 10/1.
its a line issue is my guess. Till he/she fights for them to fix the line nothing can be done... You are right in that 10mbits and 50kb/s are standard packages :)

Back