need help with laptop

HiDDeN sTaSh

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, so i was using my laptop the other day and during the middle of writing an email the screen went white, so i turned it off and turned it back on and everything seemed to be working however nothing came on the screen it was dark no color in it and no bios prompt nothing.

i did notice when i turned it back on the power light came on but the hd light did not blink at all...

my question is do you think its the screen that went out or the HD?? or???

its a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop. i bought it in mar of 08 so the warranty just expired. :(

anyways any info would be helpful as i would like to repair rather than buy a new one.

thanks

Last edited:
Try and hook up your notebook to an external monitor. See if the external monitors display turns white. If it does, than.. there maybe a problem with the video card in the notebook

Damn, your video card must be crapping out or have crapped out already. What happens if you try and go into Safe Mode? Can you even go into the BIOS Setup?

Try and power on your notebook with the battery uninstalled. Or, you have this plugged in with the battery removed already?

Not much you can do right now externally. You already plugged in notebook to external display, removing the battery, going into BIOS/Safe mode. I don't see any other options right now that doesn't involve opening up your notebook and start diagnosing it from there.

Yeah i have been thinking about doing that. What exactly would i be looking for though?

I looked at the ram and that all seemed to be fine. next step remove the entire casing and inspect for obvious damage?

Back