Need help with gaming rig

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
So to make a long story short. a while back i got a Ryzen 2700X 8c/16t great gaming cpu.

running it in a gigabyte aorus m w/ b450 chipset. I hate this board. lots of random blue screen crashed when gaming.

I need advice on a new mobo, case and video card maybe PSU as well. I need to make this system tiny and reliable.

What Ram are you running and at what settings? The reason for asking is that even on my MEG Ace x570 And 3900x I have tons of instability if I push the ram too hard. Also what GPU are you running now. The internet is on firer with 'AMD drivers are bad' at the moment.

Running a ryzen 2700x. The ram is DDR4 gskill aegis ddr4-3000 as far as settings i havent set any. i dont overclock by choice

So to make a long story short. a while back i got a Ryzen 2700X 8c/16t great gaming cpu.

running it in a gigabyte aorus m w/ b450 chipset. I hate this board. lots of random blue screen crashed when gaming.

I need advice on a new mobo, case and video card maybe PSU as well. I need to make this system tiny and reliable.

To echo TheHig above, I suspect your problem is not the motherboard (I have the full-size version of that board, and it's fine), but rather something to do with memory. The Ryzen 1000 and 2000 series were both notoriously picky about memory, and subjectively, the Ryzen 3000 machines I've built have also been somewhat picky about it.

That said, if what you really want is a tiny system, I'd go ITX.

Edit: Are you using the XMP profile on that memory? You might try turning XMP off, and manually setting the frequency to 3000. You'll obviously be running looser timings, but you'll probably find it's a lot more stable.

I dont believe timnings have ever mattered to me, im not a super hardcore gamer. Any advice on finding a case thats noit a tower? i want horizontal like a small desktop

Running a ryzen 2700x. The ram is DDR4 gskill aegis ddr4-3000 as far as settings i havent set any. i dont overclock by choice

just a suggestion, if you're running XMP, try setting the memory voltage to 1.37v i've personally noticed an issue with multiple systems i've built using hynix M/E die based memory on both zen and zen+ cpu's where 1.37v fixes most of the stability issues.

Back