Need help with finding "in stock" online x570 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyt3k9

2[H]4U
Is this motherboard "any good?" - Pairing with 3900x & G.Skill Trident Z NEO with Sabrent Rocket 1TB
It's "In-stock" and fulfilled by "Newegg" not some over-priced re-seller.
I mean for $190 it's not a B-board to tide me over, I'd probably stick with it... but it looks to be part of the "economy offerings from ASUS"
I was hoping for a minimum of an AORUS Elite/Master, or ASUS- Prime Pro but inventory issues, as I'm sure anyone building now has experienced.
I've been on the following online retailer's websites trying to get a decent motherboard pick for a week now-- [I haven't made a single purchase towards this build, as I don't want to be stuck holding older tech if the Zen 3 stuff pops up out of nowhere, or the B550 boards show up]

Newegg
Amazon
Walmart Online
(Yes, they have computer parts)
B&H

Are there any other places you guys shop in the lower 48 States that I can check out? [Preferrably online]

*P.S. - The re-sellers of all these sites are severely price gouging people. Almost every board is available if you want to pay a 250% premium for it at this time

Have you looked at PCPartPicker.com? Load the parts you want into a saved list and then buy when you see the price you want at a good retailer, I think you can get email notifications as well.

That's a pretty popular x570 board. If it has the features you want it should do well for you. Really the main difference for most of these x570 boards are minor features, most of them don't justify the big difference in price from one model to the next. For example the Aorus Ultra is fifty percent more expensive than the Elite, but what do you get, dual bios, another c-port, another m.2 slot, does not really justify the rather large difference in price. Though if you need that stuff, you have to pay the premium for it.

https://www.microcenter.com/ is a walk-in store, but they also do online sales. I'd take a look there as well. Same is true for Best Buy, they do stock motherboards.

Last edited:
Reactions: x509
like this
You get a Realtek NIC and the older Wifi standard (AC compared to the newer AX on the expensive boards). Other than that, the board should be fine.

There's like 15+ at the Houston Microcenter. Not sure where you live.

You should try and find local stock. Finding these boards online is a crap shoot. B550 boards will be available next Tuesday the 16th.

If you are willing to wait a few more days, I would go with a B550. Personally I think you get a much better mobo for 190 compared to a X570. I'm looking at buying a B550 Extreme4 myself.

If you are willing to wait a few more days, I would go with a B550. Personally I think you get a much better mobo for 190 compared to an X570. I'm looking at buying a B550 Extreme4 myself.

Yup, some more tomorrow 6/16 - despite Newegg doing launch on 6/12 sold out of all the good ones. The only one still available is the AsRock Taichi. Ratings are mixed for the X570 board. Tomorrow has a few B550 boards

I'd wait a couple weeks and see if the rumored XT launch is accompanied by x570 Tomahawk.

An existing refresh would be a nice reason to push out new boards.

I'd wait a couple weeks and see if the rumored XT launch is accompanied by x570 Tomahawk.

An existing refresh would be a nice reason to push out new boards.

I pulled trigger tonight and got lucky with Newegg having a Gigabyte X570 AUROS Master, brand-new - in-stock, normal MSRP shipped from Newegg direct and snagged it. I bought the rest of the build this evening as well, since I already knew all the other stuff I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back