Need help with F@H Server wont connect

Rustedimpala

Limp Gawd
Hi yall. One of my rigs cant get a work packet. I checked the log file and its trying to get it from 171.64.122.112. So I checked the server status link at F@H and it says its on standby and not accepting. http://vspx27.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

Is there anything I can do, so that I can stay productive. How do you change which server you recieve WUs from?

Thanks!

It will change servers on its own....sometimes it can take a little bit but be patient....it will go through! Stanford has a server set up to handle these WU that can not return to the server they came from.
Just hang in there....it will sort its self out befor too long! :D

Mayhem33 said:
It will change servers on its own....sometimes it can take a little bit but be patient....it will go through! Stanford has a server set up to handle these WU that can not return to the server they came from.
Just hang in there....it will sort its self out befor too long! :D

Thanks, I'll just leave it running then. Its been trying for a long time though.

Can always run 2 instances of folding to protect against those type problems and with your sig system should be no problem.

Majic said:
Can always run 2 instances of folding to protect against those type problems and with your sig system should be no problem.

The one in sig is the one that is down. Is it possible to run 2 instances on the same rig?

Rustedimpala said:
Its been about 6 hours now, according to the log file. I noticed it about 5 hours ago though.

Man that really does sux! Hang in there though......it will stop waiting for the right server and go on to the collection server. It may also just hold it in cue and get another WU...hopefully it decides quickly! ;)

YES there is.
Make a second folder named like fah2 install folding in this folder while doing the config the very last question is machine id= set this one to 2 where as the one not sending would be one. this is very much the same setup you would use on a dual system of a dial-up system to cut down on the amount of times you have to dial-up to get or send w/u's.

Yeah it does suck. Ive been trying my best to increase my WUs. Im working on a couple more boxes. I just ran out of money. Hopefully next week I can get them finished and up and running.

Majic said:
YES there is.
Make a second folder named like fah2 install folding in this folder while doing the config the very last question is machine id= set this one to 2 where as the one not sending would be one. this is very much the same setup you would use on a dual system of a dial-up system to cut down on the amount of times you have to dial-up to get or send w/u's.

Does that ever cause problems like the 2 instances running at the same time...not bustin your chops here...I really want to know!

Ok I installed another copy into folders that are labeled F@H2. But it wont let me run 2 instances at the same time. Did I screw something up? :eek:

Ok I just checked the logfile of F@H2 and its trying to get the wu from the same server. It wont connect. DOH!

you can try deleteing everything but the config file and the .exe and run it again till you get something. /shrug hehe

Rustedimpala said:
Ok I installed another copy into folders that are labeled F@H2. But it wont let me run 2 instances at the same time. Did I screw something up? :eek:

Ok I just checked the logfile of F@H2 and its trying to get the wu from the same server. It wont connect. DOH!

Patience grasshopper! :p j/k

I'll leave it running and check it out in the morning. Maybe it will work itself out. Thanks for the help though. :)

It just connected and download a WU. I checked the log file and it looks like the server just came back online. Thanks for the help.

Back