need help with enabling crossfire with two x1950pro

useport80

n00b
hey all,

i've never worked with crossfire before but im not necessarily a noob at computers.

my friend recently gave me a dfi lanparty UT cfx-3200 motherboard and two ati x1950 to crossfire. im using a SATA hd and a brand new corsair GS700 power supply. nothing else isis connected to the motherboard aside a cdrom.

looks like the motherboard will take both cards at x16 speeds, so i shouldn't have to change one to x4. i dont have anything else plugged into a pci slot

i also installed both crossfire bridges. does it matter which way the bridges are connected? do i need a cable to connect the dvi ports in the back together? i've tried using just one crossfire bridge and multiple setups with the two bridges. nothing seems to work.

i installed win7 32bit and everything seems to work ok. i installed the ati 10.2 drivers downloaded from the website, but i can't seem to get crossfire to work.

win7's device manager has two 1950Pro listed under display adapters. CCC says one is the primary adapter and the other is disabled. gpuz finds both, but i can't seem to tell which is which. both are named the same and all the info given is exactly the same.

i have physically swapped both cards with no success, and even used one individually and both cards work alone.

so what should i do from here? i installed winxp pro sp3 with the 10.2 drivers and i get the same issue. i also tried with win7 64bit trial, and that had the same problem. but now im back to win7 32bit with just the 10.2 drivers installed.

i know this is old hardware. its just something i wanted to get working.

thanks all

That's a pretty old motherboard.

You might try installing the latest caps on top of the 10.2 drivers, and see if that helps at all.

Do you have an option for crossfire in CCC? Is it enabled?

If you download GPU-Z, what does it say?

What is the specific model/maker of graphics cards?
I have this same MB that I just put together about 6 months ago and as soon as I receive my other graphics card I will be crossfiring them together. ( I am using xfx 5770 single slot card) Are there any hotfixes for the 10.2 drivers? I know from searching through some forums (I think on ATI website) that certain drivers did not work very well, you might have to roll back to an older version.
I also believe you should only have to use one bridge. See this article http://www.tech-hounds.com/article26/ArticlesPage1.html
Also let me know your boards specs I may be able to help with your memory timing etc.

Back