Need Help with a Corsair H115i AIO Problem

stryfex

Weaksauce
I just installed a brand new Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT AIO and when i went to hook up the usb connector to the pump i noticed the cable seemed awfully loose for a usb connection - upon closer inspection the "female" portion of the connector is...not there (probably knocked loose within the pump) so the cable doesn't actually plug into anything - just the cut-out plastic of the pump

I realize the solution to this problem is basically "buy a new AIO and RMA this one since it's defective" but I was curious what the purpose of the USB connector even is? If I just leave it in there, what am I missing? Does that USB connection handle ARGB syncing and such things?

Any advice would be great - I'm honestly just incredibly frustrated and want to talk about it - I realize the only thing to really do is just buy a new water cooler

I just installed a brand new Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT AIO and when i went to hook up the usb connector to the pump i noticed the cable seemed awfully loose for a usb connection - upon closer inspection the "female" portion of the connector is...not there (probably knocked loose within the pump) so the cable doesn't actually plug into anything - just the cut-out plastic of the pump

I realize the solution to this problem is basically "buy a new AIO and RMA this one since it's defective" but I was curious what the purpose of the USB connector even is? If I just leave it in there, what am I missing? Does that USB connection handle ARGB syncing and such things?

Any advice would be great - I'm honestly just incredibly frustrated and want to talk about it - I realize the only thing to really do is just buy a new water cooler
its used with icue to control pump and fan speeds and the rgb. so without it you will get default low speeds and rainbow puke.

in my lifetime I have purchased exactly 3 corsair products and all 3 have failed on me - i said never again before this thing but caved when i saw a good deal at my local shop - but going forward it's a very very true "never again" on corsair

(other 2 products were some Dominator Ram from the i7 920 days and a 1000W PSU)

Can't you return it to the retailer vs RMA'ing it? Or did you have it too long?
Reason being is you have to cover the cost of shipping the cooler to Corsair and possibly getting a refurbed unit back.

I use a lot of Corsair products and only had a couple of issues which they took care of quickly, faulty front USB port on a 465X case, ticking sound on an ML fan, faulty Node Pro.

Or default high - can't remember what happens if it doesn't have connection. Either way, RMA that.

in my lifetime I have purchased exactly 3 corsair products and all 3 have failed on me - i said never again before this thing but caved when i saw a good deal at my local shop - but going forward it's a very very true "never again" on corsair

(other 2 products were some Dominator Ram from the i7 920 days and a 1000W PSU)
Huh. I've gone through dozens without issue, but all of us tend to have one brand that does us badly, even though it works fine for everyone else (Gigabyte + AMD for me is a BAD combination, but works great for everyone else - so I get it).

Back