Need Help with 6 Monitor Setup (Dell U2414H)

leftheaded

Limp Gawd
I've tried a couple different graphics cards now and can't seem to get this done. It's 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

The displays are Dell U2414H.
Graphics cards I've tried: Diamond HD 7770, currently Asus 290X.

I'm going in endless circles enabling and disabling Display port 1.2 in order to daisy chain off the display port. It worked until I rebooted with the 7770 - used 2 mini dp ports on the card to create two 3xu2414h chains. The problem was the mouse stuttered so horribly i couldn't use the computer really at all. so i got more power in the 290X, but i can't even get one daisy chain to work.

I'm not partial to any of these parts. in fact, i'm only going to be able to jack with this another week or so, until i have to return all this garbage.

thanks guys

EDIT: I tried a 6 x mini DP visiontek 7750 2GB and everything was fine on extended desktops. then i tried to setup an eyefinity preset and it fails to switch back to extended desktops without issues. too much babysitting and tweaking for me. returning everything and going back to the planning mode. looking into NVIDIA and 3 x 27" 2560

Last edited:
the only thing i was worried about with those workstation cards (besides the price) is the gaming. i'd like to be able to play games too... just cod and swtor though.

i just ordered some cheap 6 x mini dp card. we'll see how that does

Wow 6 monitors thats a lot, what do you do with them and can we have picture of the setup :).

The DP hub will work. It has enough bandwidth for 3 1080P monitors.
Then connect the remaining 3 monitors by DVI, DVI, and HDMI.
I have the Club3D one but I had to import it from Germany,
and it has a captive input DP cable so if I had a second chance I'd get the EVGA one instead.
The EVGA one has a proper port for the input. Model # is 200-DP-1301-L1.

it's mostly for chart and spreadsheet analysis with monitors dedicated to certain things. stock trading stuff. I also want to game occasionally, but it doesn't have to be on all 6 displays. 2 or 3 is fine for me.

since i don't care about gaming on 6 screens, i might just get a single high end nvidia card that will feed 4 of the screens. then just use 2 ports from my mobo for the other screens.

the EVGA hub does look interesting, but I think these monitors turned me off to daisy chaining display port. in fact, i'm contemplating sending all the monitors back and getting something else. i've been using 2560 screens (30" and 27") for the past few years and these 1920 24" screens are hard to look at. idk, been trolling vega's posts to see what he's using

Last edited:
Maybe op should just go with an eyefinity 6 card? My dad used one for years to drive 6 (kind of) displays. He really drove 3 displays but one was a viewsonic vp2290b (3840x2400) which was running via 4x 1920x1200 in an eyefinity group so all 6 ports were used on the video card even though it was only 3 displays (also a dell 3007-WFP and 2407WFP).

Back