Need help with 1600 build

Build

Ryzen 1600
Asus ROG b450-f
Patriot Viper Elite 8GB DDR4 2400MHz

Issue is chrome doesn't want to load pages. It was working fine, and not out the blue it stopped. Edge is working, but not chrome. I disabled hardware acceleration and saw no change. I'm completely lost with this. Any help is much appreciated.

Two different things, hardware and software. Go to the chrome site and dowload a newer version or even a beta version. Your current install of chrome may have something wrong with it.

Two different things, hardware and software. Go to the chrome site and dowload a newer version or even a beta version. Your current install of chrome may have something wrong with it.

I will have to grab a different version and give that a shot. It's just odd it was working, and just stopped. There was no application or hardware change that I did.

You also might go into the Chrome settings as of set to default. Something may have caused a setting to flip.

Also load the page(s) in Incognito mode and see if that changes behavior.

You can also use Chromium instead of Chrome.

I started out using Chrome when it first became available and used it as my default browser for years regardless of OS. However, I've taken a liking to the newer versions of Firefox. I still use Chrome for work because we're heavily invested in the Chrome universe but for personal browsing I've switched over to Firefox full-time.

Check your DNS settings, I would assume such issue would affect Edge too but with M$ you never know.
I've seen old router sets static IP / weird DNS for no reason (Other than probably been compromised).

You may try Firefox too in case it persist and as others pointed, reset all settings for chrome to default and make sure you use latest version (May rollback if needed).

Opera is Chromium-based. Might be worth a shot to try for troubleshooting purposes. If pages render in Opera but not Chrome, the problem is definitely Chrome.

Also, if you can open Chrome, check to see if you have any weird extensions that installed themselves from the p0rn sites you frequent. :D (j/k)

So I don't know why, but chrome never wanted to work. Switched them to Firefox and all issues stopped. I don't know why it doesn't like chrome.

You might consider uninstalling Chrome, doing a registry cleaner to remove all traces of Chrome and then reinstalling Chrome. Might be a borked registry setting.

You might consider uninstalling Chrome, doing a registry cleaner to remove all traces of Chrome and then reinstalling Chrome. Might be a borked registry setting.

They are fine with Firefox and like it. I may play around with it later to see, but probably won't change it over.

Back