Need Help Water Cooling SLI GTX 480's

Tinmann

Limp Gawd
I intend to water cool my GTX 480's, I got a good deal on two Danger Den Full Coverage Water blocks but what size radiator do I need? what size tubing and fittings and what type pump and res. I am obviously new to custom loops and have a Corsair 800d case but the top of the case is occupied by a Corsair H100 so I need a setup that works in the bottom cooling area of a Corsair 800d where the PSU sits. A list of recommended parts would be appreciated, Thanks

Honestly those cards are going to need at the very least a 3x120 rad. Your best bet is to remove the H100 and hang a 3x120 on top and a 1x120 or 1x140 off the back. Replace the H100 with a CPU block and run it all on one loop. You could easily sell the H100 to make up the difference of purchasing a CPU block.

Tube sizing is up to you 1/2 or 7/16 is the norm. I did 1/2 and now wish I did the 7/16 for it's less bulky looks and easier routing. Just make sure that you pick the fitting to match the size hose you go with.

A mcp355 with a pump top would be a good choice. Unless you go for something like this which would give you the reservoir as well. I have one myself and I like it. It does take up a lot of space though.

recommended parts:
XSPC Rasa CPU Block
Compression Fittings
MCP355
Top Rad
Back Rad

Last edited:
Back