Need Help- Upgrade from kt133a

SEAL62505

Gawd
Currently I am running an ABIT KT7a-Raid (KT133a) with 512mb ram, an AXP 2000+ Pally, and a Radeon 9600 Pro. Would I see a big difference in graphics performance if i upgraded the proc, mobo, and ram? What would a good upgrade be if I am working on a budget?
Thanks!

ok, the big question is - do you want to keep the eide raid? Most of the new motherboards no longer carry the eide raid, but sata raid. This could be an issue.
My suggestion -
If you gotta do it now - get a high end geforce 2 ultra 400 plus the mcp-t southbridge (dfi lan party nfii, asus, abit, etc.) get better ram - you could keep the cpu.
How much of a budget?
If you can wait for a few months do so - as the new athlon64 support improves (new chipsets from nvidia & SiS) that might be a better option.

there are still MANY motherboards out there that have non sata raid... what games do you play? you can always see a huge increase in games by upgrading cpu ram and chipset, but if you play really old games like cs it may not show b/c you are at already being locked by the max fps of the game. some games are very graphics card intensive while others rely almost entirely on the cpu

for instance, knights of the old republic seems a little bit slow (but then again, i have heard it may be the 9600 pro due to bad ati support from bioware).

Back