Need help: unable to install MS Office 2010 on new PC

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
has anyone come across a case when you click the Setup.exe, the circle spins for a handful of seconds, and nothing happens?

As I just setup this new PC, so far, this software, MS office 2010 will not even install

Office 2010 install fine on other PC, the only thing about this PC is that the drive is a NVMe drive, so I even try to copy the entire CD to a sub-dir, and that still won't work, assuming it's the NVMe drive.

However, other older software install fine and run fine. Even software going back as old as 1999 install and run just fine. So I don't think it's the NVMe drive.

please help

===

EDIT: UPDATE
after installing most of the MS Visual C++ from 2008 to 2019, it still doesn't work

MS Office 2010 seems to need Mircosoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005, but after I download that module, it doesn't seem to be able to install

Last edited:
On Wondows 10?

Try to Right click and "Run as Administrator".

If that won't work then try changing "compatibility mode" of the setup.exe to Windows 7.

very surprisingly, turns out it's a bunch of TSR from Asus. MarcoVision TSR to be exact. Those TSR were part of the driver installation from the original Asus installation CD. I have no idea what they do. I don't recall I have seen manufacturer such as Asus that a TSR can cause this. I have seen HP upload a hard drive driver, supposedly to fix a bug on a professional workstation, but yet train wreck the entire PC.

Back