need help to identify motherboard capacitor

Hello all
While taking out my GA-EP45-UD3R gigabyte motherboard out of my case, I either bumped and broke a cap or it was like this for awhile. I have the cap in hand and took pics of it using a webcam.

I would like to solder a new cap in its place but would like to know what capacitor I need and other tools I will need to achieve this.

here is the pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks for the help

Just some questions, where can I buy high quality caps that gigabyte would use and what is the number "830" on the cap mean?

also would a 15w-20w soldering tool work to take off the old solder and put new solder on?

thanks again

Not sure what the 830 means. Probably an identifier for the production run. I usually get my electronic components from mouser or digikey.

ok I found out that it is a
Sanyo OS-CON SEPC rated at 100uf 16v
I found some sites like badcaps that sell sanyo os-con, but not the one I need. I checked sanyo website for the whitesheet which i did find, but not sure if I can use a different rated sanyo cap to replace the one I need.

any input would be nice, I have a thread on the badcaps forum but so far no one responded.

If that cap is surface mount, just melt the solder carefully and quickly and put it back on after measuring capacitance to confirm function?

Back