Noni

Limp Gawd
System-

Asus Sli Deluxe

2GB SAMSUNG (GENERIC) RAM 3-3-3-8 2x1GB

AMD 3700+ SD KAB2E 0543FPAW

7800GTX

550W HEC PSU (Good PSU).

Cooling- Stock cooler but temps did not go high.

I bought the San Diego off a member on another forum, hes a great guy and is very respected.He said that the CPU was only used for 2-3hours. The guy claimed 2.8ghz with 1.5V, i was thinking great! 2.6ghz at 1.4 would be ok.

So I run Prime95 at 1.4V- 2.64GHZ. I get a "FATAL ERROR" and it also said "HARDWARE FAILIURE" , so then I restarted a gently pushed up the voltage,

same error,

again, same error

I got to 1.45V and it still was not stable.

I have a scythe ninja opposite me but man its hard to install, I already tried and failed. the thing that scared me is that I pushed quite hard down on the processor. Is that something to worry about?

Heres my settings-

Divider 333mhz

FSB- 240

Multi 11x

Voltage 1.45V

HTT multiplyer- 4x

Im currently running PRIME 95 at stock everything to check whether everything is stable. How long shall I leave it on for?

What should I do? Why will it not overclock?

Thanks.

Some people Prime overnight, some for a few hours. imho if it makes it 6 hours, it's not likely to error out later, but somebody will inevitably flame me for saying that.

What are your temps? You said not high, but how low is low?

Have you tried 3x HTT mulitplier? It won't hurt your performance and might help stabilize you although 4x240 should generally be fine.

What are your ram timings?

Does just Prime error? What happens if you run other benchies? Again, a flammable comment as people will say that if it doesn't prime for hours it's not truly stable. imho if it does what I want without crashing it's stable enough for me although any remarkable results I get have been primed for a day or so just to verify them (e.g. If it OC's over 50%, I prime it for a day to make sure it's legit).

I've never really needed to know pi to the 100 billionth digit. But if games won't play then my OC is too high.

i think you should test if your memory are stable first by using Memtest or some Burn-In test, then overclock the CPU. sometime your computer is unstable due to your memory.

Back