Need help replacing dead mobo asap.

Outlaw85

[H]ard|Gawd
Long story short - I fried my mobo.
Problem with replacement- It needs to have similar layout.

Dead mobo - ASRock Z87E-ITX

I have a customer water cooled Node 304 with shortened PSU cables. Amazon sellers want 250+ for a new ASRock board which isn't going to happen. Even fleabay is 230+. I would like something as powerful as this board was if possible but it needs to have a similar layout when it comes to the 24pin power. The 8pin power doesn't matter as much because the ASRock had it in the middle of the board and my cables are long enough to reach pretty much anywhere.

Also if possible, I'm trying to stay within a color scheme. The current colors were Black (Case, Sleeving, board/hs, psu) / White (sleeving, leds) / Red (cable management, fans, leds, RAM).

For the right board and price, I can look past some of the other colors like gold, blue...etc.. Something with silver or the bronze (ASUS?) would be ok though.\

Oh, ITX is defintely preferred and pretty much all I've been looking at but mATX/ATX would be considered if color matched. I do have a case it can go in, but the "shoebox" is much cooler lol (Node 304 with a 2x140mm Rad is not something you see every day).

I never got really into OC but would still like the feature as I played a little with it on this one.

I am looking to purchase ASAP as it's been down for several months now and I would like to use it at an upcoming LAN party. The 4770K/GTX660 would be much preferred over my backup Q9450/8800GTS lol.

Here's the best layout picture I have.
https://flic.kr/p/m4wJ3V
https://flic.kr/p/m4yqf5

Help me restore it! It did have the big rad mounted but needed a lot of help in the cable management area yet. This was the closest to done pic I could find.
https://flic.kr/p/m4wANH

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. I did forget about the new ASRock z97 being reasonably priced but having the blue accent. Could try painting. Does anybody have any input on EVGA z97 Wifi or any others.

Thanks,
Outlaw

Ok. i think I'm OK with the ASRock Z97. But not sure on E or M. Looks like they are very similar with minor trade off's.. Anybody with comments on one or the other?

I'd go with the E, the m has worse audio chipset, and non intel nic. The E has better audio and intel nic, the intel nic is worth the $12 difference after rebate. The E has a heatsink on the power components as well, and 2 more sata ports.

Thanks. I will probably order the E tonight.

Side note- co worker said to go with a 'Murica theme (instead of just red/white/black) since the blue is on the board and I already have the red and white going on..

Update-

Should've just gone with m-atx or atx. I have succumbed to the mess that is a leaky system and a couple broken rotaries (seem to break under almost no stress) which also prevents me from proper tubing routing. I have since put the ITX mobo in a Centurion 590 case and hope to have it running tonight. It looks awfully funny in there.

Back