Need help please.....I need to add a second WAP for better coverage

magoo

[H]F Junkie
OK.

I moved into a big house.
I have one Engenious EAP 1750H, which is a pretty good piece.
Unfortunately on the far side of the house the signal is shitty.

I have electric and hard wire ethernet on the weak side.

If I buy another EAP 1750H I need some simple instructions on how to configure to run both off the same router and have the clients recognize the signal as the same SSID no matter where they are.

I appreciate the advice.

Disclaimer: I haven't worked with these before...but I'm confident enough in my wireless abilities.

I looked at the product page for your model and poked around the website for their solutions and other products.

Normally distributed/scalable wireless architecture has a central controller that manages all of your access points. I think these 1750H APs are standalone and not scalable like you are wanting.

For that you would need one of their EWS products: https://www.engeniustech.com/managed-indoor-access-points.html

Even with two APs with the same SSID and password you can't freely roam between them.

Dang, these products are really expensive for what you get... I can't see going with one of these over Ubiquiti.

Get Ubiquiti Amplifi. You can keep your existing router if you like it, just turn the radios off and use the Ubiquiti APs.

There are other Mesh-style routers available as well, but YMMV.

Get Ubiquiti Amplifi. You can keep your existing router if you like it, just turn the radios off and use the Ubiquiti APs.

There are other Mesh-style routers available as well, but YMMV.

I picked up an Amplifi back in May. It is wonderfully easy to configure and manage. I deal with much more complicated networking at work so I don't want to deal with that when I get home. I live in a 3 story ~3700 sq. ft. town home. My previous Wifi was located on the middle floor towards the back of the house. It gave me decent coverage on the middle and upper floor, but was spotty at best outside and in the basement. Since going to Amplifi, I am actually able to saturate my 150Mbps connection.

So check out Amplifi, you can even buy just the base and one extender if you don't want to get the kit.

Just get 2 unifi a.c. lite aps and call it good. This will allow you to reuse your router and use poe

Back