Need help picking out PS3 games !

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
ok so iam going to go to bestbuy and i have enough Giftcards to get 2 ps3 games

I was thinking uncharted 2 definately and for the 2nd game not so sure

maybe reserving god of war 3 and getting god of war collection with $10 off making it $29.99

or getting MW2 for $39.99

I don't really know any suggestions?

My fiancee got me Brutal Legend for Christmas and so far it has been pretty good. Better than I would've imagined, particularly if you like Jack Black.

My PS3 most often sees use for Demon Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Wipeout HD (downloadable, so not really helpful for you). I played Armored Core 4 and Armored Core: For Answer almost exclusively until I beat both -- both great games. If you get in to them I strongly suggest starting with Armored Core 4.

I have wipeout
i have infamous
i have soul calibur 4
i have NHL 10
i have rockband 2
i have rockband beatles
i have force unleashed
i have metal gear solid 4
i have ratchet and clanks tools of destruction

Your first choice Uncharted 2 is a safe bet.

If you like action RPG games, and you're up for a challenge, I highly recommend Demon's Souls. It's won several RPG of the year awards, as well as GOTY from Gamespot. It's one of the most compelling exclusives. It's special. In my long game career, I've never played anything like it.

iam getting uncharted 2

for my 2nd game iam trying to dedcide between modern warefare 2 or God of War collection?

uncharted 2 really that good? Im looking for mainly multiplayer where you earn stuff through experience but in a shooter so i was thinking of getting killzone 2 for my first ps3 game.

Getting my slim soon as gamestop gets them in. Im looking for a mw2 type game but played that already. Uncharted 2 multi anything like it?

I picked up MW2 last night and loved the multiplayer on the ps3
its a good pickup for $39.99 I just ordered uncharted 2 at my local bestbuy
it was sold out at 3 of my local bestbuys and did not want to travel 30+ miles to get it.
Anyways i did instore pickup to make sure i got a copy.

uncharted 2 really that good? Im looking for mainly multiplayer where you earn stuff through experience but in a shooter so i was thinking of getting killzone 2 for my first ps3 game.

Getting my slim soon as gamestop gets them in. Im looking for a mw2 type game but played that already. Uncharted 2 multi anything like it?

Uncharted 2 MP is fun. It's got ranks and perks etc but not as extensively organized as KZ2 or MW2. I tried KZ2 MP and got owned hard. UC2 is closer to my speed. I'm still a controller neophyte compared to kb+m skills. If that's not a problem for you, I believe the KZ2 MP is highly regarded.

im familar with the 360 controller but never held a ps3 controller so im not sure how im going to migrate. Hmm cant decide now sounds like kz2 offers more stuff.

I dont care about dieing alot eventually ill make a kill.

have you tried
yet the beta opens to all ps/3 owners on 1/4 I love the large team aspect of this game shooters are not my thing but Ill make an exception for this game.

i really like the controls in MW2 they are very very smooth

i heard mw2 on ps3 has alot of glitch/cheaters and sony hasnt done anything about it like microsoft has.

Thats whay im getting killzone 2 over mw2.

crap i heard the controls for kz2 sucked. I probably wouldnt notice.

wtf is deadzone in a shooter game?

Last edited:

The distance you can move the thumbstick before you get movement in the game. A moderately sized deadzone can make aiming easier since the controls won't feel as "touchy" or "twitchy", but too large a deadzone will result in controls that feel sluggish.

Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 have excellent campaign gameplay, however the multi-player are lacking for both (esp. for MGS4). I would heavily recommend picking up Modern Warfare 2 because it has large multi-player base, you'll be playing online for months.

Killzone 2 had amazing graphics and details out of any FPS I've seen. Many COD players had a hard time with the controls because of the physics used in the game. But a patch "fixed" this allowing players to move more "COD" like.

i heard mw2 on ps3 has alot of glitch/cheaters and sony hasnt done anything about it like microsoft has.

Thats whay im getting killzone 2 over mw2.

crap i heard the controls for kz2 sucked. I probably wouldnt notice.

i did not notice any cheaters or glitches ? Maybe your thinking of the pc verison

There actually was A LOT of glitchers and cheaters in MW2 when it first game out. But Infinity Ward released two patches to fix them.

Back