Need help on sharing internet.....please help!

ps3guru03

Gawd
My house is located right next to a hotspot. The only problem is that to get connected to the hotspot, I have to be in the garage. So I have a computer that is in my garage. I am connected to the hotspot via a USB wireless adapter.

Since I have multiple computers in my house, I want to share the connection from the garage computer with all my other computers in my house.

Only problem is how can I do this?

I was thinking that I bridge the wireless adapter to the lan port of the hotspot connected PC which is not in use, and then connect a router to the LAN port of the hotspot connected PC. I then just get another USB wireless adapter, and connect that to my router and wha la!......but nope..I have tried this and failed....so that's why I am here.

Again, how can I do this?

Thanks In Advance!
- PS3GURU03

Well to sum it all up. Get a wireless Router. Then buy receivers for the other computers located in your house. I Like Linksys, and works great.

My Router is located in the basement, im on the second floor, and there are two other computers connected on the wireless network. Everything works fine.

Also you can set WEP or other types of security on the network Via install. Or manually whatever is preferred.

So get a wireles router and some receiver units and you'll be good to go. Installation takes 10 minutes max and all computers should be hooked up instantly if your running XP :)

1. Buy a router and then connect a cable from a LAN port to your computers LAN port.
2. Bridge the wired and wireless adapter in windows.
3. Connect all your computers to the router.
4. Profit.

1. Buy a router and then connect a cable from a LAN port to your computers LAN port.
2. Bridge the wired and wireless adapter in windows.
3. Connect all your computers to the router.
4. Profit.

I have router, but do I connect a cable from a LAN port on the router or from the internet port on the router?

I have router, but do I connect a cable from a LAN port on the router or from the internet port on the router?

That depends. If you want to share files between ALL your computers then connect it to a LAN port or if you want the router's firewall to be protecting your computer then connect it to the WAN port. I personally would connect it to a LAN port

Explain this "hot spot" to the rest of us. Is it legal for you so use this hot spot or are you just leaching someone else's bandwidth?

Explain this "hot spot" to the rest of us. Is it legal for you so use this hot spot or are you just leaching someone else's bandwidth?

Its a public hotspot. I live right next to a McDonald's. hehe....Its completely legal I think....

That depends. If you want to share files between ALL your computers then connect it to a LAN port or if you want the router's firewall to be protecting your computer then connect it to the WAN port. I personally would connect it to a LAN port

I just want to share the internet, not files....how do I do that?

Back