Need help on cooling - GPU's and CPU running too hot?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
I've finally gotten something to monitor my temps and I think I'd rather not monitor them lol

I have a core i7 2600k and 2x EVGA GTX570's. During gaming sessions, the CPU will hit 50-52C and GPU1 will hit almost 84C while GPU2 stays at 65 most of the time.

I have a Corsair 800D using the stock config (intake fan on the bottom and front, outtake on the back). I also have a Corsair H60 that is exhausting air through the radiator out the top. Most likely, I will turn this around so it is pulling air through the radiator through the top (i.e. intaking into the case) and then add two more fans as well. I made a thread a few days ago asking for fan recs and got a few good recommendations but that was before I realized how hot this was running. Everything idles at around 40C.

Those are OK temps under load. Those GTX570s are hot. Only concern is the GPU1 is much hotter than GPU2. Perhaps you could switch their slots or figure out why 1 is not cooling as well.

GPU1 is directly above GPU2. I'll try switching them tomorrow and seeing what happens.

But just to get reassurance - these temps aren't anything I really need to worry about?

EDIT: Also, I've heard a lot of recommendations for the Gentle Typhoon AP15's, which unfortunately are out of stock everywhere. I was wondering if the AP29's were okay as well?

EDIT2: I was thinking about grabbing two of these fans http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185059 for intake. And possibly two more to sandwich my radiator (would that be overkill?). Or do they lack the necessary static pressure to make a difference on the radiator?

Last edited:
I really like my GT's 15's in my 700d.. I had some Scythe fans.. One of them died on my in a few days and they didn't work on the same fan controler I have my GT's on. I have 6 GT's in my case plus the factory 140's and they all work on my fan controler. With them all turned down you can barly hear my computer running. I have 2 360mm rad's in my case. With the fans all the way down I still don't get over 38c full load on my video card and 58c full load on my CPU @ 4.8ghz.

Back