Need help on BIOS PW LOCK on a Thinkpad t41

onetouch40

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently bought a thinkpad laptop from a local seller but there's a PW protected on there.IS there anyway I could bypass the PW? Thanx

is it a bios lock or a hard drive lock?

nothing you can do about the hard drive one aside from replacing the hard drive. IBM will not tell you how to remove it and I have yet to find a way.

IBMs are infamous for having very hard to remove supervisor passwords. If you were to ask on the forum at thinkpads.com, your thread would be quickly locked and you would be ridiculed.

It looks like the same thing is going to happen here unless you have a legitimate reason for it coming into your ownership with a supervisor password :D

edit: unless you bought it from the seller cheap BECAUSE it had the bios password thinking it would be easy to remove, even then, haha.

First thing to check is whether the hard drive has a password, then either do the stuff listed on that site mentioned above or check out ebay for a new motherboard.

Vesentac said:
Probably because the item is "hot".
lol may be..may be not...Well I got tons of legimate reasons to throw out but no point cuz u guys woudnt believe me anyway. :cool:
But yea, there's a local guy offering to remove it for $200..

Gila724 said:
IBMs are infamous for having very hard to remove supervisor passwords. If you were to ask on the forum at thinkpads.com, your thread would be quickly locked and you would be ridiculed.

It looks like the same thing is going to happen here unless you have a legitimate reason for it coming into your ownership with a supervisor password :D

edit: unless you bought it from the seller cheap BECAUSE it had the bios password thinking it would be easy to remove, even then, haha.

First thing to check is whether the hard drive has a password, then either do the stuff listed on that site mentioned above or check out ebay for a new motherboard.

Thanx for the advices! I did thought it was the bios PW until i brought it home.. :( It's not the harddrive pw becuase I've checked everythings.

Back