Need help making "silent" batch file...

ikjadoon

Limp Gawd
Hi!

Long story short: the Favorites folder in Vista (used by IE) has an integrity level of low when moved to a different hard drive. You can fix it by going to the command prompt and typing this:

icacls E:\Ibrahim\Favorites /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)high

However, I seem to "lose" this level after a restart, where then it is reset to low. So, I typed that into Notepad and saved as *.bat file. However, is there a way to make it hidden, so that I don't get the black command prompt flickering for a few seconds on startup?

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

Sweet, thanks. I think I'll just make the shortcut. I attempted to make the Visual Basic Script, but the darn thing kept popping up anyways.

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

Why are you setting it to high instead of medium? And you shouldn't be losing that setting, something could be wrong with your configuration... Also you may want to try CHML.exe (google it) to change integrity levels instead.

Last edited:
Oh, will medium work? I actually never tried it. The real setting is to fix it is to set it to low, but since my particular configuration is a bit different than the usual fix, I just went to the opposite of low.

Yeah, I've been having some freaky problems with my computer; I have no idea why they don't stick. Well, they might actually stick, I have no idea. I'll be able to figure out with CHML, though! :)

See, the reason I'm trying to change them is because it is low to begin with. However, when I tried to run programs within that folder that needed access to the Temp folder, they pooped rocks spitting out error and error about not having permission.

So I changed the integrity level to high and, poof, all the problems gone! :) But, it seems like, about half the times I restart, I get the problem again with an application not executing because it can't access folders. I just do the fix again and the programs work.

I'll try CHML; maybe I won't need a batch file at all, then! :)

~Ibrahim~

Yea medium is what you want, if you set it to high and you run a program that tries to access that location from under your usual account without elevating, you might get access conflicts from that too.

For reference:
Elevated Admin = high
Usual Admin or Standard user = medium
restricted / sandboxed = low

Now, when the problem reappears, check the integrity level and see if it is what you set it at, or if it reset to low. You need to know that to diagnose this I think.

Definitely. Thanks for the help, mate. :)

I'll have to wait to check, though. SP2 is taking about an a year to install, lol.

~Ibrahim~

Back