Need Help! Make Windows 7 uefi bootable usb from macbook pro

Cousine199

n00b
Im trying to create a bootable usb to use on my computer. Im working off a macbook pro and can't find anyway to make the usb bootable on my pc. Ive recently purchased a windows 7 pro key and downloaded an iso for it.

Ive tried downloading the windows 7 usb tool, refus and some other programs but none of them i can get to actually work properly with the macbook. I've downloaded wine and tried converting the programs like that but it doesn't seem to work.

I can't create a cd to boot off of because my computer doesn't have cd drive, and i don't want one.

Anyone else have any luck making a bootable usb drive for uefi using a macbook.

10 Tools to Make a Bootable USB from an ISO File
Above is a list of 10 tools to make bootable USB flash drives. Found the list when I was trying to do it for my new build. First on the list was Rufus. Tried it & didn't get it to work. Next was RMPrepUSB but it looked too complicated decided I'd have to come back to it later. Tried YUMI and that's the one that worked for me.

There's lots of different methods to do it. For me on Skylake + Gigabyte motherboard what I found most reliable was going to the mobo's website. Turns out Gigabyte as well as MSI & ASRock have a tool on their website. Once you use Rufus, YUMI or etc/whatever to mount the iso/image onto the USB flash drive, the tool from the mobo website patches the USB so the drivers get installed straight away as opposed to having to wait for the OS to install them.

From what I could tell there seams to be a different solution for every person. I saw one video on YouTube where a person removed the USB from the slot once they get to the install menu. Then they put the USB into a different slot & that's how they were able to continue the install process ...go figure.

I've tried allot of those but I'm working off of a mac so its a little more involved than just downloading the creator tools. something i just can't seem to figure out

I've tried allot of those but I'm working off of a mac so its a little more involved than just downloading the creator tools. something i just can't seem to figure out

Yeah, its a bit more involved than just downloading them. If you dont understand how it works, you aren't going to be able to do it.

i have gotten a few different programs that work to create bootable usb drives on this mac to actually work but some of them don't read the usb the others complete the process but when i go to boot from the usb on my pc i just got a black screen with a little flashing line on it

Back