Need Help, got me a Titanium HD

TroyX

[H]ard|Gawd
got one for cheap, I cant get it to work with my headphone amp.

this sound card has RCA outputs, so do you connect it with RCA cable straight to the headphone amp or do you still have to use 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect the two components?

help plz, thanks.:cool:

Last edited:
is there are difference in sound quality between headphone-out and RCA out hooked up to headphone amp?

anyone familiar in this field?

IIRC the RCA outputs are unamplified and go through the main DAC, which is like 120db SNR and essentially the same DAC as in the new ZxR (aka very good).

The headphone output on the otherhand goes through some jank DAC which is like 109db SNR combined with a POS built-in headphone amp that sounds like ass.

So basically, use the RCA outputs no matter what. The headphone output is for stupid extra stuff like hooking up to your front-panel headphone connectors on your case for use with $5 earbuds.

IIRC the RCA outputs are unamplified and go through the main DAC, which is like 120db SNR and essentially the same DAC as in the new ZxR (aka very good).

The headphone output on the otherhand goes through some jank DAC which is like 109db SNR combined with a POS built-in headphone amp that sounds like ass.

So basically, use the RCA outputs no matter what. The headphone output is for stupid extra stuff like hooking up to your front-panel headphone connectors on your case for use with $5 earbuds.

I had a Titanium HD for a bit. This is correct. Sounds is much better out of the RCA outputs.

Just run stereo RCA cables from the card to the headphone amp and enjoy.

On the Titanium HD definitely use the RCA outputs into your amp.

You may need to adjust the setting in windows to make it your default one, and disable the others.

Back