Need help from someone with a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080Ti

So I just bought a Destiny 2 game code for PC but GeForce experience refused to take it on my 940m laptop. It has to be redeemed on either a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080Ti machine, and I have a Fury X.

Any helps would be appreciated, thank you.

You would not be able to redeem the code without a qualifying purchase of GTX 1080 or 1080Ti. Nvidia is very restrictive about how the bundled codes are distributed. As matter of fact, you would need to physically connet a qualifyng 1080 or 1080ti to an active monitor in order to redeem the Nvidia code.

I would get a refund if I were you.

Yep, never buy a Nvidia game code unless you know for a fact it will work on your system, with your specific GPU. You won't get it to work even on lower end Nvidia hardware, let alone AMD.

Yea the seller should have been more clear with you. You should just resell the code. But I assume someone with one of those cards can activate it for you and then pass the account to you?

It should just be a 1 time check when you register the game, not every time you load it up. So OP is looking for someone with a 1080 or 1080 Ti that will not be buying Destiny 2 at all and will activate the code for them on their account/new one.

Edit: To clarify, it logs the hardware id of your gpu on registration to allow you to tie the key once to your Destiny 2 account. So op can give his account details if he trusts someone or let them make a fresh account and tie the key to it with their hardware and give the account to him.

It should just be a 1 time check when you register the game, not every time you load it up. So OP is looking for someone with a 1080 or 1080 Ti that will not be buying Destiny 2 at all and will activate the code for them on their account/new one.

Edit: To clarify, it logs the hardware id of your gpu on registration to allow you to tie the key once to your Destiny 2 account. So op can give his account details if he trusts someone or let them make a fresh account and tie the key to it with their hardware and give the account to him.

WIll the game run on a Fury X gpu?

WIll the game run on a Fury X gpu?

The game doesn't care what gpu you have, would have to lookup benchmarks to see how it runs. If you buy a cheaper nvidia code you have to have someone with a 1080 or 1080ti activate it on their system with your bnet account though. Instructions on redemption from nvidia.

1. Open and log into GeForce Experience (Version 3.2.2 or higher).
  2. Go to the Account drop-down menu and click “REDEEM”.
  3. Paste your coupon code from your qualifying bundle purchase and click “REDEEM”.
  4. At this point your coupon code will be permanently associated to your NVIDIA account.
  5. A window will pop up asking you to log into your Blizzard account.
  6. Log in with your Blizzard account.
  7. Confirm your account and click “REDEEM”.
  8. Congratulations you’ve successfully redeemed your code for Destiny 2.
  9. Destiny 2 will be added to your “GAMES” Tab in the Blizzard Desktop App prior to the PC Game Launch.

So trust someone you find on the internet to log in to your b.net account with the right gpu and do it for you to save a few dollars, have them make a fresh b.net account.

Yeah that's what I intend to do, unfortunately none of my friends have any interest in computers let alone PC games. :|, trying to get help from my ebay seller atm.

Yeah that's what I intend to do, unfortunately none of my friends have any interest in computers let alone PC games. :|, trying to get help from my ebay seller atm.
Just be mindful that if you are asking a stranger to activate the code for you they will need your steam sign-in credentials. You will need to assess the relevant risks.

Just be mindful that if you are asking a stranger to activate the code for you they will need your steam sign-in credentials. You will need to assess the relevant risks.

Teamviewer is a good option here, plus I've never played a blizzard game before, hence no blizzard account. Destiny 2 is not on steam by the way.

You should not be buying any modern games in the first place with that horrible 940m. That low end gpu is not even close to meeting min requirements for any halfway demanding modern games.

He mentioned he had a Fury earlier, so I assume he was just trying to use the 940m to activate as it's Nvidia which he now knows won't work for even that. Just a heads up, I've got a 1080ti and mine activated and was added to my existing blizzard account without issues so yes the codes do work once you've jumped through all the hoops.

I would be willing to help (have the ti and bnet already), also would put on team viewer or another rcon type setup. Only problem is that my time zone is Tokyo based, so it might be a weekend thing.

All it would the me to do is toss computer in different vlan and use a clean install from a small SSD. Then wipe it afterwards.

Back