Need help from a console tech (xbox one amd series s)

riptid3

Limp Gawd
I got a weird issue I can't figure out. I am on cable, using the newest COX cable modem/router for ethernet.

I cannot get either of my xboxs to connect via ethernet. I am using an xbox one x, and a brand new out of the box xbox series s.

Both ports on the modem are fine. When I plug in a PC it works fine. Same cable (I bought a new cable as well).

But when I plug in either xbox's it will blink orange for a while on the port, go green for a second then blink orange then repeat.

When I plug in my sons laptop, same port, same cable, it will go solid green (occasional blink for data transfer).

So what gives?

Is the Xbox showing any specific errors when you test the connection? Have you tried different cables?

Common issues I've had with wired connections before are Toredo issues with IPv6. Reinitializing the console was the only thing that fixed it. The other issue I've had was from switching from wireless to wired. For some reason the Xbox automatically sets up an alternative MAC address when you switch, and that address needs to be cleared.

Thanks. I will try both of these today.

And yes I bought a new cable just to be sure. And the both cables work fine on Laptop.
Neither of those worked. Reset modem, clear macs, new cable. Works on everything except xbox series s and xbox one x

Back