Need help figuring this out...

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
So I've been trying to help a friend for about a month now with a new system. I'm not sure what is going on.

i5-6500
MSI Z170-A Pro
16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
Sapphire Nitro R9 380

The following screenshots are texture stretches from Fallout 4. They happen on the above listed machine, but not my friends other machine which is; i5-4560, 16GB Crosair Vengeance, MSI R9 280x

Bigger:
error01_sml.jpg

Bigger:
error02_sml.jpg

I've reinstalled drivers, downclocked the GPU, the temps in the system stay pretty cool, updated drivers:

Today I reinstalled Windows, installed latest drivers, and still the issue is happening. Now I'm getting down to the only issue I can think of is it's possibly the video card...

Apparently this issue happens 100% of the time when killing Yao Guai.

Its not the videocard, its just the Gamebryo engine, by now you kind of have to just deal with it.

This is an issue with the game itself. It looks like a texture is failing to load. Some kind of rendering bullshit.

The best thing you can do is submit a bug report and post it on the Bethesda forum or wherever the Fallout 4 forum resides. Call some attention to it and maybe it will be fixed.

Unfortunately it likely won't. This is a "C" bug at best by industry standards. It isn't game breaking so long as it happens infrequently it won't be classified as "B" (major) or "A" (critical).

Some Bethesda games like Skyrim have community patches that fix this sort of thing. Perhaps in time they'll come up with something through official or unofficial forums.

You might be able to resolve this issue with a texture pack. But probably not

Back