Need help..fedora 2

SO I just made the fulltime switch.

I am having no luck installing flash player. Everytime I bring up a console (bashshell..regular and SU), I keep getting a invalid directory or file error. Followed 2 different online tutorials..and have tried the readme text..no joy..maybes omeone could explain it to me like a 6 year old. Thanks ahead of time.
Maybe if one of you wondefull souls would like to take a newbie under his wing..I could use a Linux Mentor .

Codesamurai

god..I should have knwon better than that. Sorry.

I am Using Mozilla 1.6. Funny part is that I have two dir's for mozilla. One labeled mozilla, and one labled mozill1.6..and both have plugin sub folders.

Sorry, and Thanks

Well, I'll try to present an easy solution that doesn't require you to start specifying Mozilla folders and such.

Also, I hope when you're trying to install this, you're root, right? Unless you're installing to your own home directory at /home/username, you won't be able to do it as normal user.

Get Flash 7 RPM for Fedora Core 2 here:
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/apt/fedora/2/RPMS.macromedia/flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm

Save it to somewhere like /usr/share/src or your home directory.

Now, as root user, go to where you saved the plugin RPM and execute this command:
Code:
rpm -ivh flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm

And hopefully, flash will be working.

If you prefer to use another method (like YUM package manager) or this doesn't work, post back.

Hope that helps.

BillLeeLee,

Thank you very much. Worked perfectly after some human input errors. Thank you once again. I will have to do a search for more RPM based software. Seems like the smart way to load stuff.

Codesamurai

Actually, I hate RPM! :)

Fedora has YUM, which I think is a much better way of installing packages in my opinion. I'm just not familiar with it to have given you help with using YUM to do it.

Well, glad that worked. Have fun.

Back