Need help cloning my hard drive...

Max-Powers

Gawd
I saw most people suggest Norton Ghost, Acronis True Image, or software that came with your drive. I don't want to pay for anything because I am only going to be doing this once. Want to transfer my current hard drive onto my new one.
Question, what software should I use? My old drive is a Seagate, new one is a WD. Should I use Acronis? any more suggestions? What problems can come out of ghosting a hard drive? Such as do I have to reset any settings.

Max-Powers said:
I saw most people suggest Norton Ghost, Acronis True Image, or software that came with your drive. I don't want to pay for anything because I am only going to be doing this once. Want to transfer my current hard drive onto my new one.
Question, what software should I use? My old drive is a Seagate, new one is a WD. Should I use Acronis? any more suggestions? What problems can come out of ghosting a hard drive? Such as do I have to reset any settings.
Well you can install a fresh copy of windows on the new drive, and then use windows setting trafer program.... or theres simple free programs out ther, search on CNET, and then you can just download one off limewire for temp use - heh now this is gonna get locked, but thats all ya need to know anyhow hehe...

downloading programs from peer to peer programs isnt an option for me because ports for that stuff are blocked or somthing. I can only dl at like 200 bps

Most hard disk makers give a free utility with their drives that do very basic drive cloning.

I believe Norton Ghost is available in some sort of trial form as well, though not for home users. It states that it doesnt have the feature to streamline images from a server, but it should do what you need it to do as well. Quick search on google yielded this.

Max-Powers said:
downloading programs from peer to peer programs isnt an option for me because ports for that stuff are blocked or somthing. I can only dl at like 200 bps

I'm not encouraging anything illegal, but from the sound of it, you probably have a wireless router and you just need to set up port forwarding. www.portforward.com

Acronis True Image is godly. Just click clone drive, pick the old drive, it selects the new one, hit go. Reboot and let it do its thing. Reboot again and switch boot order. Done.

Svperstar said:
Acronis True Image is godly. Just click clone drive, pick the old drive, it selects the new one, hit go. Reboot and let it do its thing. Reboot again and switch boot order. Done.
^
|
|
Sounds like a deal you cant pass there Max

Back